Sunday, September 18, 2011

{ Weekend Roundup }

It's been a pretty busy weekend around here, lots of errands to run and some sewing in between, which always makes me happy.

I have gone months without touching my sewing machine and now it's like a new found love for it that has me rubbing my hands together in anticipation of my next project.

So let me show you what I've been doing this weekend.

::::: Saturday

Hot coffee and toast with Spiced Apple Butter

2011_09170003

Few errands to run, a stop at Walmart and a few goodies to add to my sewing stash

2011_09170046

First two projects made yesterday.  A Hot and Cold Comfort Bag and a new Checkbook cover for my purse

2011_09170071

Roast Chicken and Potatoes for dinner

2011_09170062

Then I stepped outside with my camera, it was so beautiful and felt amazing, just the perfect weather for watching the stars.  I am an avid astrophotographer, even though a total amateur at it but you can't get good if you don't practice right? 

So I've been trying with different settings and changing this and that and I took this picture of the huge orange moon, though it doesn't look like it, hubby says I caught the Little Dipper too.  YAY!

But a wonky tripod leg busted right as the pic was taken so it looks like I'm drunk Hahahah

2011_09180031


::::: Sunday

Chocolate chip and Banana Pancake Squares for breakfast

2011_09180048

We had to make a run to Best Buy this morning for some headphones for my husband, but ran into Barnes and Noble too where I was thrilled to find my Mollie Makes magazine and an extra for a lucky reader

Back home I got right to my next project which included using this fabulous bird fabric and turning it into a strap for my camera, no more ugly black uncomfortable strap.  

2011_09180058

Dinner had been cooking all day in the crockpot and by the time we sat down it was droolworthy.

Beef, banana peppers and provolone cheese sandwiches.  YUMMY!

2011_09180065

And I'm now going to sit down with my new Mollie Makes and ooh and aah for a bit before getting to bed.

God bless,

No comments: