Monday, October 03, 2011

{ Around the house }

From a stomach virus to busy homeschooling to housework and other stuff, I've had my hands full around here.

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen.....

2011_10030011

and this dishwasher has become almost like a relaxing sound machine for me, it's humming constantly in the background....

2011_10030013

Plants watered and pruned.....I love the colors in my house, and I don't really pay attention unless I've taken a photo and then sit and look at them all together, the vibrant green, the orange pumpkin and the mixed colors of the dishcloth :)

2011_10030014

I have tons of these and they're always being used for meals, desserts, canning, leftovers and whatever else I may need at the moment......

2011_10030017

Sun shining in through the back patio door

2011_10030022

Current crochet project.  I have to tell you that I'm usually not very good with color combination, I look at some of my favorite crochet/crafting blogs and these women always find the most beautiful color palettes.  I do think that I struck gold this time because these colors to me are some of the most stunning I've ever seen and I'm darned chuffed with myself right now :)

2011_10030035

The Blooming Flower Cushion is almost almost almost done.  The front is done and I'm halfway through the back and I'm dying to see it all finished and sitting on my bed.  I think I'll be making a few more of these, it's surprisingly easy and came together very quickly, all thanks to the wonderful Lucy at Attic 24.  If you want to try it for yourself, you can find the original pattern online somewhere and that's how I started, but by the 5th row I was so frustrated that I decided to stop and wait for Lucy to her pattern up.... you will do best to follow Lucy's pattern like I did, she makes it all so much easier to understand.

2011_09300013

Turned a few more old shirts into cute tank tops for me :)

And there's always some afternoon relaxing going on, kids, dogs, mommy sitting down for a little in between busy schedules.

2011_09300007

Oh and I have been reading Wishes and Stitches by Rachael Herron for a review and I'm really enjoying it, it's such a cute story but also filled with adorable quotes about knitting, like:

The definition of travel knitting is whatever project you can fit in your purse.
Don't regret a moment spent knitting, even when you're ripping out hours, days, of work.  It all meant something.  It always does.

I have to say that I really do enjoy housework and cooking and cleaning and even though by 8 pm I am exhausted and ready to just get into bed and relax, I always come away feeling like I did my part, I've given my family a cozy home, a good meal and as much love as I can possibly give.

I don't think there's anything quite like the job of a stay at home mom, homemaker, we may be on call every single day and never really get a break but the rewards far outweigh it all.

With that said, this mama is going to sit down and finish off that blooming pillow cushion.  :)

No comments: