Monday, October 10, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }




The weather in my neck of the woods:
I've been loving the cool weather, it's been 50 degrees every morning and only getting up into the high 70's in the afternoon, definite fall weather :)


Things that make me happy:
Spending time with my family
Reminiscing about the past
Looking through old photographs


Book I'm reading:
Wishes and Stitches by Rachael Herron


What's on my TV today:
The first two episodes of the new Merlin Season.  I can't wait :)
Also spending the day watching movies with the family


On the menu for dinner:
Root Beer Pulled Pork


On my To Do List:

Laundry
Hitting the track with the family again


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Slow Cooker Apple Butter

Apple Butter
In the craft basket:
Cover for my toaster
Fabric Bookmarks


Looking forward to this week:
Fall Break with the kids, we plan on just relaxing :)


Tips and Tricks:
Exercising along is boring, like really boring, it's always more fun to do with others and when it's your husband and kids, it's even better.  We all have fun going to track and running and we turn it into a game :)  Try it :)


My favorite blog post this week:
Autumn Decorating - Dried Hydrangeas


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
New one I found while looking around last week....Athene Noctua


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2011_10040089


Lesson learned the past few days:

That you need to unplug from the online world, from telephones and craziness and just spend some time with our family.


On my mind:
Cooler weather
Homeschooling


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
John 1:12-13

No comments: