Monday, October 24, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Still in the 80's and I'm so ready for the cooler Fall temps.  This time of the year always makes me miss Idaho even more.


Things that make me happy:  
My teapot


Book I'm reading:
Back to The Shape of Mercy :)


What's on my TV today:  
Once Upon a Time - want to see the first episode and see if I like it
New Merlin episode

On the menu for dinner:
Have leftover meat from last night so I'm making Roupa Velha.  A Portuguese dish using leftovers, onions and potatoes etc.


On my To Do List:

Laundry
Homeschooling
Change all the bed linens


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I was sent some seasoning to try out, so I threw something together with the ribs I had and it turned out VERY tasty.


In the craft basket:
Cover for my toaster
Fabric Bookmarks
Ripple blanket for my Ripple Along with Lucy and Heather


Looking forward to this week:
Just a good week of schooling, work for us all


Tips and Tricks:
I use vinegar for pretty much all my cleaning but sometimes I like to infuse it with a little citrus, not just for the scent but for the cleaning qualities as well, so I use lemon and orange peels and place them in a big jar with vinegar, then let them steep.


My favorite blog post this week:
Haven't done any blog reading this week.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Can't think of one off the top of my head.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):




Lesson learned the past few days:

To slow down, as it is life already goes by at lightning speed and there's no need for me to add to it.


On my mind:
Homeschooling, Christmas


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

No comments: