Monday, January 09, 2012

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 2012 #2 }

I am SO sorry this is going up so late, was all set to publish when the electricians came by at 7am and decided to just turn off power to the housing area without saying a word. 

It just got turned back on, so here we go....

Happy Homemaker Monday

If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
It was freezing last night, my nose was so cold and I actually found myself shivering in bed.  We actually turned the heat on.  It's 48 degrees this morning and I'm still really cold, I'm a wuss what can I say LOL


On my reading pile::: 
Loved Maid to Match by Deanne Gist.  Also finished The Christmas Singing by Cindy Woodsmall and really loved it :)  Not sure what I'll be reading next, there are so many to pick from.


On my TV:::
Young Herriot.....The Bleak Old Shop of Stuff.....The Borrowers :)


On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  Skillet Smoked Sausage, Potatoes and Cheese 
Tuesday - Shepherds Pie
Wednesday - Split Pea and Ham Soup
Thursday - Homemade Pizza
Friday - Grocery Shopping Day (will plan menu for the following two weeks)
Saturday -
Sunday -



On my to do list:::
Housework
Homeschooling

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Book Bags and still working on my ripple blanket


Looking around the house:::
Breakfast dishes in the sink, a bean bag chair in the middle of the living room piled with blankets and stuffed toys that Nicholas made forts with, floors needing to be vacuumed and my new tablecloth needing to be ironed and placed back on the table.


From the camera:::



Something fun to share:::
Remember the show The Littles?  About those little people that lived under the floor boards?  Well The Borrowers is a book by Mary Norton published in 1952 and it was then made into a film in 1997.  Well last year during Christmas, it was once again remade for TV and screened in England....I got a hold of it a few weeks ago and just started watching it this morning on my laptop while I waited for the power to turn back on.  It is SO cute and I think many of you would find it a fun show to watch :)


You can download the movie here :)


On my prayer list:::
Family, friends, troops, so many things and so many people.


Bible verse, Devotional::: 

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:30

13 comments:

Kristy Jensen said...

Proverbs 31:30 is one of my favorite verses. Thank you for reminding me of it today. I am going to meditate on it later (when the little ones are napping). Have a great week Sandra!

Jen said...

Love love love those book covers!! Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I love this post, Sandra. The book covers are delightful. I hate when they shut off power or water to the house w/o notice!

Liz said...

I'm a wuss too when it comes to the weather. Mostly probably because you aren't used to the cooler weather. I know we aren't here.
I'm in love with those book covers!!!

Mary said...

Those book covers are awesome! So cute. I hope you have a great week :)

Mandi said...

Enjoyable as always. :)

Mommy Made Whole said...

I loved reading The Borrowers as a kid! Thank you for reminding me of it. :)

Sharon said...

Cute book covers! Looks like an idea for our next sewing project. Thank you for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Sandra, You are not a "wuss". Your body just isn't used to such changes in temps.. Have a good week.

Love, Debbi

Unknown said...

The book covers are so lovely - just like all the goodies you've been making!

Sherry

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I love the fort makings in the middle of the living room. my second son has taken all the fort fixings and made his bottom bunk a permanent fort. The book covers are fantastic.

Olyvia Smiles said...

I love your Monday posts!!! Olyvia is actually building a fort in the middle of the living room as I type this comment! lol

Oh, my Steve absolutely LOVED your curry recipe and I'll be making again soon!!

Carrie - young living oil lady said...

Love your blog! Love your Happy Homemaker Monday list! The last statement was the best: Proverbs verse! Thanks for sharing your list and I look forward to reading them again! Blessings!