Monday, March 05, 2012

Happy Homemaker #10


Happy Homemaker Monday

If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
We've had a beautiful weekend, already sporting shorts and flip flops again.  52 degrees right now and a high of 87 degrees....yeah you heard right....87 degrees.  Good grief.  





On my reading pile:::  
Shadows of Lancaster County by Mindy Starns Clarks
Bible in 1 Year
Joyce Meyer:  Promises for your everyday life


On my TV:::
Upstairs Downstairs Season 2 - Episode 3
The Wisconsin Vegetable Gardeners 


On the menu for this week:::
Monday -  Poor Man's Steak w/ egg noodles 
Tuesday - Lemon Basil Roasted Chicken w/ mashed potatoes
Wednesday - Creamed Chicken Florentine
Thursday - Sirloin Steaks w/ Mushroom sauce, potato wedges
Friday - Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
Saturday - Chicken Carbonara Risotto
Sunday -  Makeover Rigatoni with Bacon and Asparagus


On my to do list:::
Homeschooling
Laundry
Bathrooms
Change Bed Linens


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Been busy getting homemade products made.
Still have my ripple pillow and the quilt to work on so haven't started any other project


In Homeschooling:::
We skipped school on Friday so today we'll be catching up on our work.  Jasmine has to create a newspaper article, and she's happy about that as she loves writing.  Nicholas and I are still working on the planets, moon etc.  


Looking around the house:::
My washing machine is running with the first load of many for the day.  My husband is sitting across from me surrounded by study material as he studies his last day before taking his test for promotion to Master Sergeant tomorrow.  I have a beautiful Hyacinth right next to me on the table.  The kids are on the computer playing a game and my kitchen is desperately needing attention.  


From the camera:::
Homemade Laundry Detergent....if you want to give it a try, be sure to scroll down to yesterday's post.  

Homemade Laundry Detergent


Something fun to share:::
Have you ever heard of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardeners?  It's this great channel on YouTube, where a husband and wife post weekly videos about gardening in their own home, tips, tricks, even recipes.  It's very cute and I'm enjoying watching them :)


On my prayer list:::
All the families who have been and will be affected by the current crazy tornado weather.
My husband for tomorrow's promotion test, if he can make Master Sergeant then he can extend for another 2 years in the military which will greatly help when it's time for retirement.


Bible verse, Devotional::: 

Proverbs 10:22-26:

22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
24 The fear of the wicked, it shall come upon him: but the desire of the righteous shall be granted.
25 As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an everlasting foundation.
26 As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Love the Proverbs! We will be praying for your hubby's test tomorrow. I know he will do great!

Enjoy your warm weather. ;-)

Andrea said...

I'm in my flip flops too. We even went to the beach yesterday, and I got too hot.

Jill said...

Hi. It is my first time linking up here, I found it through Mandi. =) Fun!

Jen said...

Good luck to your husband on the MSgt test! I'm sure it will be nice to have his free time back after all of the studying! Jer has been studying nonstop for his OQT next month & I just can't wait to have him back!!

I think you've convinced me to try the dry laundry soap. I use the homemade liquid & it seems like it would be a better value to use the dry. It seems cheaper, and maybe even more effective. I'll try it when I run out of my current batch next month!

x

Mommy Made Whole said...

Is it really Tuesday already? Wow, can't believe I missed Monday. Better late than never! :)
Have a great week!

Jessica @ Delicious Obsessions said...

I hope that I did this right. I just came across your blog this morning. I left a link to my recipe for super simple sauerkraut.

Love your blog, especially your banner. I am a hopeful homesteader ... maybe some day I can actually live out my dreams!