Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Amish shows

You're probably thinking "oh she's on to Amish things again" LOL

I can't help it, I have immense respect for the Amish and their way of life, of thinking and especially their faith.

When I have a few spare moments to watch something on the TV or the computer, I like to find Amish shows to watch, and this morning I came across these on YouTube.

The first one is called Trouble in Amish Paradise, it's only 6 parts long and they're all about 10 minutes, so not long to watch, but I really enjoyed them.

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3


Part 4


Part 5


Part 6



I have to say that I really loved this family and I hope that God continues to watch over them and Bless them.

And then I saw that there was a sequel to this short series, called "Leaving Amish Paradise".

You can find those clips on YouTube as well.

Here is the first part:


Part 2


Part 3


and the last part



So there you have it, something for those of you out there who love watching Amish shows as much as I do.  :)

I'm off to take some Motrin, after what seems 3 weeks of dancing around a cold, I am not feeling very hot today.  Bad timing though as my little baby girl is turning 13 years old today.


2012_04170006

Wow time sure as flown, I can't believe I'm the mother of a teenager :)  A teenager who doesn't think taking pictures is cool anymore, and really dislikes smiling for the camera..........HELP ME!

Lord give me strength LOL


7 comments:

Amy @ Heritage Homemaker said...

Happy Birthday, Jasmine!

Unknown said...

Happy 13 Birthday!!

I wanted to thank you for posting these Amish shows, we have been missing OH very much here lately and rethinking our choice to move to FL even though Husband has a wonderful full time job...still it doesn't feel like home even after a full year.

Sweet Tea said...

Welcome to the world of parenting a teenager - our youngest dd is 17, so I'm hoping the toughest times are behind us...I, too, am fascinates by the Amish. just this morning I added an Amish PBS documentary to our Queue, "The Amish".

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, Jasmine!

Sandra, thanks for posting these links to the Amish shows. Fascinating way of life. You do a very good job of putting some of their simple living joys into your own life.

Hope you can kick your cold very quickly.

Liz said...

Happy Birthday, Jasmine!

She looks just like you but with red hair. Such a beautiful young lady, hope Daddy has his shot gun ready, because there will be boys calling your house and following her around in no time.

Thank you for the videos. I've been watching everything I can get my hands on and wanting to read as much as I can. I'm so interested with the Amish. Two weeks ago, my in-laws were over for dinner and my husband's grandma was watching the Amish Experience on PBS, which I already have watched and have saved on my DVR. I found out my father-in-law wants to go and buy a bed and or kitchen table from one of the Amish areas in the not to far from here. I made him promise to take me and the kids when he goes.

Hope you get feeling better quick. I didn't feel to good today either. Allergies are awful here in Kansas right now, as I'm sure they are everywhere.

Gail said...

Can't believe how grown up she's looking! It goes by too fast doesn't it. I think she looks like you Sandra!

Anonymous said...

I just found out about the amish running puppy mills. I have to say I'm shocked!