Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #18

Good Morning everyone, I do hope you all have a fantastic Mother's Day :)

I'm a little on the slow side today, didn't get much sleep last night thanks to my pugs, the older they get, the more room they take up on the bed and the more it annoys me LOL

Will have to keep the coffee pot going to get me through the day.....


Happy Homemaker Monday
If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
It's been really nice weather here, the kids have been enjoying the pool this weekend and I have my tan going again, doesn't take much, just 5 or 10 minutes outside :)   We did have a dust storm last week with such strong winds that it broke my canopy in the back yard.  Bummer :(

 
On my reading pile:::  
Daily Bible Reading
Daily Devotionals
Went to the library yesterday and couldn't help myself, walked out with a huge stack of books to enjoy, even though I have some at home to review AND my Kindle is overflowing.  What can I say, I am a Bookaholic.
 


On my TV:::
-Got the first episode of the new series from England called Starlings.  The reason I picked it up is because Brendan Coyle (Mr Bates from Downton Abbey) stars in it.  Will see if I like it.
-Still watching The Universe on Netflix.



On the menu for this week:::
Have to work on the new menu plan today, so not sure on some of these days.

 Monday -   Spaghetti with salad
Tuesday -  
Wednesday -  Mushroom Swiss Burgers
Thursday -   Cast Iron Beer Chicken
Friday - 
Saturday -  
Sunday -  

 

On my to do list:::
Laundry of course, it's never ending.
Make it through the day without falling asleep


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still haven't finished the ripply cushion, it's becoming frustrating because I want to get it done but am constantly distracted with something else. 


In Homeschooling:::
We're done with school for this year, so we're on Summer Break.  I'm going to change this category next week with something else.  Any suggestions?


Looking around the house:::
Just finished straightening up the kitchen and living room, watered the veggie garden and did a little pick up out back as well.
Have a load of laundry in the washer and another int he dryer, got the dishes washing as well and am starting on the Menu Plan for the next 2 weeks.  :) 

From the camera:::
Sunset Saturday night. 





Something fun to share:::
Ever wanted to build your own Outhouse?  LOL   I know I have, now I don't know if I would want to use it, but I would want to use it, but I think it would be neat to have one  out back just for aesthetic purposes.   BUT, then I saw this one and I thought "Oh My, now that is a nice looking outhouse" LOL  


On my prayer list:::
Friends who have husbands deployed at the moment and who will have them leaving soon.  Mine is going to be on a TDY for 6 weeks soon as well, it's never a fun thing to go through.  So prayers for everyone.


Bible verse, Devotional::: 
As a blood-bought believer and child of God, you are greatly blessed, highly favored and deeply loved.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ" -Ephesians 1:3

8 comments:

Conny said...

If I were you, I'd sneak in a little nap today!!! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra
Thank you for sharing again! I am off to see if I can find 'Starlings' ~ I've never heard of it, but I love Mr Bates! As for the outhouse!!!!!!!! I have always wanted one so have saved the plans to show my hubby! Thank you :o) Have a great week!
Best wishes Emily

Becky (So Very Blessed) said...

I'm so sorry your canopy broke! I was out running when the dust storm hit...it started so suddenly!

I think "getting through the day without falling asleep" is a wonderful thing to add to a to do list! Some days, it is a HUGE feat!

Praying for you, your husband, and your kids for his upcoming TDY.

Andrea said...

At eight months pregnant, fighting the urge to nap is a full time job for me. Sneak one in; the laundry isn't going anywhere.

Liz said...

I think that getting through the day without falling asleep should be on all of my to do lists. Haha! I'm so glad you are done with school for the summer.

Jen said...

As you saw from the pictures this weekend my husband loves a good outhouse. LOL!! I'll have to be sure and show him this one.

Love the picture.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sandra,
Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day. So glad the kids are done with school, hope they have a great vacation. Here in upstate NY we have 25 days to go. For those of us not military can you tell us what a TDY is? and I hope it goes well for your hubby. Might I suggest you change the homeschool heading for now to a summer fun weekly activity, craft or recipe that your kids make or summer photo of your children. I agree the laundry will always be there, take a nap :-) Blessings to you from Laura B.

Melonie said...

I think you could easily change the Homeschooling section to general Education - after all, there's lots of learning that goes on during summer break, curriculum or not. :D