Monday, May 07, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday

Morning everyone, hope you all had a great weekend and here's hoping to a good week of work, school and play :)


Happy Homemaker Monday
If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
We're enjoying the warm weather already.  Right now it feels good but I could really do without the triple digits, don't think I'm ready for that yet.     

 
On my reading pile:::  
Joyce Meyer Devotional
Joseph Prince Devotional
Bible
Few books for review, but I'm thinking I need to pick something that I really like to counter all the other reading that is starting to feel like work LOL   


On my TV:::
We've been enjoying The Universe on Netflix, great series and very educational too.  I was able to use it with our last Science lessons last week.  
I have a few The Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener videos to catch up on, you can find those on YouTube. 



On the menu for this week:::
 Monday -   Bacon, Peas and Mushroom Pie with salad
Tuesday - Mexican Potato Casserole
Wednesday -  Spaghetti with Caesar Salad
Thursday -   Oven Chicken and Rice
Friday -  Zucchini and maple sausage pie
Saturday -   Sandwich Wraps w/ veggies
Sunday -   Mushroom Swiss Burgers

 
On my to do list:::
Laundry
End of school year paperwork


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Finishing off the ripply cushion.
Get some squares sewed onto the spring quilt



In Homeschooling:::
Nicholas is officially on Summer Break.  
Jasmine just has some lessons to finish today and then she will also be on Summer Break.  I love homeschooling and being able to go at our pace and finish when we're ready to :)  


Looking around the house:::
Hubby just left for work, kids are still asleep and I'm sitting at the kitchen table writing this up.
It's quiet, all I hear is the filter in the fish tank and some birds chirping outside.  House is pretty much picked up, so I don't have much in the way of housework to get through today :)


From the camera:::

Took this shot of the moon on Saturday night, just using my zoom lens on my Canon. 





Something fun to share:::
Since I like everything Amish, I found this website that I've been enjoying looking through.  It's called Amish America and there are a lot of interesting articles, it shows you the Amish by State, Amish Furniture etc.


On my prayer list:::
The Lord certainly answers our prayers.  My husband was able to get a good deal on my new car, a Dodge Charger, beautiful car and affordable payments for us :)  Thank you Lord.



Bible verse, Devotional::: 
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6 

12 comments:

Julie said...

LOVE your new car!!!

Mary said...

I hope you guys have a great summer break! Oh and your car is awesome :)

Becky (So Very Blessed) said...

The temperatures for us are supposed to drop just a bit on Wednesday, but I'm really looking forward to that break from the heat! I'm hoping we can stay in the double digits for just a little while longer!

LOVE your picture of the moon!

Your menu plan looks great and I love your new car! Praise God for answered prayers!

Andrea said...

When you said you were getting a new car I imagined a momish minivan. Boy was I wrong! Have fun with that.

Conny said...

love that pic of the moon!!! and the new vehicle is AWESOME!!!! enjoy it and your upcoming break. We ARE homeschooling next school year and I can't wait! :)

Sarah said...

Your car IS very awesome! As I said on Facebook my hubby is very jealous. :)

Love the moon picture too, what a great shot.

Sarah x

Jen said...

I never knew you had fish! Post them sometime :)

Liz said...

That's awesome how early you guys are done with school! Hope you get to really enjoy your summer. Thank you for the Amish website. I'm going to be doing a lot of reading there.

Susanne said...

The pic of the moon is awesome! I wanted to get out there and take some great pics but we had cloud cover and didn't see it at all.

Nice set of wheels you have there!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, and hope that you would come and check out mine and send some followers, as I am new to the blogging world and could use some help! Thanks!

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

Your new car is super, makes you look so young :) !! God is good.

Dante Mallet said...

Monday may be the busiest time of the week for some, but a new car will surely perk up the Monday blues! Your Dodge Charger looks great! Is it a new car? From the looks of it, I think it is. The reams and the chrome are still shining in the mid-day sun! [Dante Mallet]