Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thank you is not enough


Image Credit:  Deborah Elmquist

The love and support that you have all showered me with, is more than I ever could ask for.

I have felt a true sense of friendship, of love, of compassion from family and friends and there really is nothing like that feeling.

So I spent a very restless night.  Truth is, I don't like sleeping alone, never have and it's one of the worst parts of the separation.  Reaching over in the middle of the night and not feeling his body there, it hurts.

It is like being stabbed in the heart.  The saying "love hurts" really does do it justice, doesn't it?

The kids are missing him like crazy, they're teary eyed, they keep saying they just want this to be over with, and we're only on the first day.  *sigh*

I think it's going to be a long next few weeks.

I have tried to visit you all and thank you and say hi, but some of you don't have blogs, so I'm thanking you here, please know that I read every single comment on the previous post and appreciate every kind word, every prayer and every thought.  :)

But now, I must put on the armor and push through.  I have things to do, errands to run, kids to run after, dogs to play with and the usual housework laying about.



There's no time for thinking, or wishing things to be different.  It is what it is.

I hope you all enjoyed this mornings Slow Cooking Post, I won't lie and say that it didn't take me a long time to compile it....because it did, it took me 3 hours last night plus another hour this morning, but I think it's well worth it, not just to do it for you all, but even for me, to have a list of all the recipes at hand.

Next menu plan is going to come from there, for sure.   Oh and I also added the whole list to the linkbar up above, so you can get to it easily :)

And speaking of menu plans, it's been forever, like years, since I joined in with Laura over at Orgjunkie, but I'm going to start doing that as well, I miss joining in.  I actually stopped because there were SO many links it was just overwhelming.

Anyway, I have heard from my hubby this morning, he has made it safe and sound to the Academy and now for the next 6 weeks he'll be completely immersed in books, studying, tests and some quality family time with his mom, brother, uncles and aunts, friends etc who are all in the area.  I only wish that the kids and I were able to make it as well, would have loved to have seen everyone, but another time right???

Speaking of kiddos, I couldn't live without these two joys in my life, they keep me on my toes, and boy do they keep me on.my.toes being that little Jasmine is now 13 and little Nicholas is now 9.  Smart mouthed little brats at times  HA!   But I love them to death.

I sent them to clean their bedrooms this morning and next thing I know they are walking into the kitchen looking like this.  LOL  And yes, those are shorts on their heads.


My babies

My babies

This one they asked to take and to share with daddy because they miss him so much :)

My babies

So my sweet friends, again thank you for the support.  I know the next few weeks won't be easy for me, or these two sweet beings, but we'll make it :)

Hope you have a blessed day!

11 comments:

Sherri B. said...

What a couple of goofs..their dad will surely get a big kick out of the photo.

You are a wise woman to, take a deep breath, stand up straight and tall and...get moving...Places to go, things to do.

Great job! xo

NanaDiana said...

Hi Sandra- I am your newest follower. I'm not sure what is going on with your hubby- I will have to go back to see if I can figure it out. But, blessings to you with this separation...and I will pray for you and your kids~ Thanks for finding me! xo Diana ps...Consider taking your word verification off...it does keep people from leaving a comment.

Mari said...

You are strong and will do well, even while missing Curt! Glad he has made it safely.
I can't believe how old the kids are looking. They are cute as ever!
PS - thanks for taking off word verification - that makes me happy!

Tasha said...

your kids are so cute! you are strong you can do it,you can get thru this. im still praying.

Heather said...

Hang in there Sandra, you will get through this tough time with God's help. I will be praying!

The kids are looking great, I can't decide which one looks more like you!

~Carla~ said...

Aww.. My heart aches for you & your kids, Sandra. :( ((hugs)) I hope while your hubby is away your days are filled with more love & laughter day by day & less tears! He'll be home before you know it!

Aunt Nita said...

You & the kids are such troopers!!! Nothing better for a sad heart than laughter, especially through the kids...will take care of Curtis while in Okla...BTW can he haul home more yarn for ya??!!! : /

Renee said...

My heart goes out to all of you. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Sweet Tea said...

Just wondering if you and the hubs can stay in touch via computer/skype, etc.? You will make it through this time and your kids will keep you going when you'd rather not. LOL

Renate said...

Sandra, I feel as though if we were neighbors we would be best friends. It is so hard to find anyone who cooks everyday and when thay do they hate it. I love to cook for my family and I am constantly looking for new ideas to make them feel cared for. I love decorating my house with cozy things although it is mostly decorated in "Early Lego" lol;)I wish I could be there to help you during this time. Just wanted you to know I appreciate your blog and I will continue to pray for all of you. Take Care, Renate

Amy @ Heritage Homemaker said...

Silly little kiddos!!!

I guess I am lucky in a way. I do not know what it is like for David to be home with us full time yet, then have to leave for an extended amount of time. All we know now, is having him here for a couple of weeks every 3 months. It will be grand when he is home with us for good, though. Looking like that will happen in about a year or so.

Chin up, my friend <3