Friday, September 07, 2012

A day to myself

It's been a very long time, since I've been home all alone with a few hours to myself.

I love my children, love having them home, love homeschooling and don't really like being alone.  I prefer to do things with my family, all of us together.   But I am not going to lie and say that sometimes it doesn't feel good to be able to just worry about ME and no one else's needs.

My husbands squadron was having a down day, and for that they decided to all get together at this place nearby and do laser tag, bowling, have lunch etc.  It was family day kind of thing.  When he first mentioned it to me I said I would go as well, but then my husband children gave me the option.

They told me that I deserve a day to myself.  My hubby especially said that I do a lot around here and never really get time to just relax and especially since he had been gone for 6 weeks recently, this would be the perfect time to have a few hours alone.

He didn't have to tell me twice.  I'm a homebody folks.  If given the choice between being at home or going somewhere, I will always pick home.  It's just who I am.

So off they went at 11am and here I was....just me, my pug girls and a couple of hours with no responsibilities or things that needed to be done.

September 7, 2012

What does a girl do when faced with this??? Well she does something she doesn't get to do very often.

September 7, 2012

Candles were lit, hot water was turned on, gorgeous scented bath bubbles were poured into water

Sinking into that hot bath was the best feeling in the world. Goodness why do I go so long without enjoying one of these?

September 7, 2012

Good book was read

September 7, 2012

in between sips of wine.

Is there something as relaxing as laying in a tub of hot bubbly water, doing nothing, just laying there with not a single sound around?

After soaking for what seemed an eternity, I reluctantly got out.

September 7, 2012

Soft white big towel, lavender scented. If I could I think I would stay in a big fluffy towel all day long LOL But I did change into some comfy shorts and tank top.

September 7, 2012

and enjoyed a lunch on my own. So weird to eat something from start to finish without having to get up repeatedly to get this or that for one of the kids.

Of course I had to throw in some girly flicks on the laptop, while enjoying a Blackberry Coffee Cake Cupcake.  Yummy!

I can't help it though, after a little relaxing I took the opportunity to dive into my yarn stash and do a little organization.

September 7, 2012

This basket sits near my entryway, right next to my bench.

September 7, 2012

I have so many baskets of yarn, spread out through my house. It's like pops of color here and there :)

Guess what I finished today??? It was supposed to be a huge Queen size blanket but I started feeling completely overwhelmed and I didn't want to end up with another unfinished blanket. So I decided to turn it into a smaller size blanket, big enough for me to wrap myself in. That works :) I'll show you the finished blanket tomorrow :)

September 7, 2012

A few minutes after I took this picture, my family arrived back home and I can't tell you how happy I was to see them.

One thing today reiterated for me.  I may like some moments for myself but definitely not hours long.  I get bored easily LOL

Boy was I glad to see my loves walk through the door.

Bourbon Chicken

I made them Bourbon Chicken for dinner and now I'm relaxing for a little on the couch.  Not sure if there's anything worth watching on TV, if there's not....I will being my next blanket which I'm going to do in woven crochet stitch.  Have a lot of yarn laying around that needs to be used up, and I'm thinking small lap blankets for the kids will come handy and just in time for Fall/Winter :)

Have a great night everyone, God Bless,




8 comments:

Jen said...

I love a few moments to myself as well. But after about an hour (at the most!) I start looking around the house with a huge sigh.

I have a huge basket of yarn as well. I love it. I also have an old suitcase full as well from my grandmother.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful day!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your day sounds lovely and your reunion with your dear family great!

Love your yarns and the blanket looks nice to snuggle up in.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Melissa said...

OOOOO, recipe for bourbon chicken please? My family loves this and I am always looking for a tasty version. :) I searched the food blog just now and didn't see it.

Thanks!
Melissa

Renee said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Love the colors in your blanket.

MamaBoz said...

Good for you Sandra, you deserve it!

Stacia said...

Those are such good recharing moments. You can have your own thoughts and just enjoy the sound of nothing. :)
I'm glad you got that much needed and deserved time to yourself.
You've got a great family to make sure you had that little treat. <3

Unknown said...

Como entendo isso preciso tanto!