Saturday, December 22, 2012

Almost there......

December 22

These past few days have been so full.  Full of love, of laughter, of busy, of chaos, of last minute rushes and hugs and kisses.

Having my whole family home with me, every single day, is just the best feeling in the world.  I've been cherishing and treasuring every second, even though at times it can be a little overwhelming.

Last week has been spent playing board games and card games, watching Doctor Who all the way from Season 1 again, eating popcorn and pie and delicious home cooked meals.  Laying around in our pajamas for half of the day, or lounging on the couches reading books on the Kindle, or playing games, or crocheting or whatever our hearts desired.

And now we are in the home stretch to Christmas day.

December 22

December 22

December 22

December 22

December 22

December 22

Oh it's not always easy to capture these moments because we're so busy living them, but I don't want to let them go by unnoticed, so I grab my camera when I can and snap what is before me.  Little snippits of our day to day.

Truth be told, I'm sort of getting to the point where I just want the whole Christmas holiday done with so my house can go get back to order.  I know I can't be the only one feeling it.  Much as I love the holidays, towards the end of the month of December I start feeling very overwhelmed and almost smothered with the hectic days.

I AM trying to make them relaxing, like spending my nights chatting with my loved ones while sipping a hot chocolate.  Come to think of it,  I think that is exactly what I need right now......a mug of hot chocolate with mounds of white fluffy whipped cream, some chocolate shavings and a candy cane.  Yep, that's it, I'm off to the kitchen.




5 comments:

Sandrocas said...

I understand, it's nice when it comes, but it's nice when it goes, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

CaityClaire said...

Happy Christmas Sandra! Glad you are making a point of trying to relax and enjoy those special moments in the midst of the craziness.....enjoy that hot chocolate! Can understand how you are feeling....except it's an icy cold drink and cold shower for me- sooooo hot this week!!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Sandra ~ Your photos are wonderful, showing the joy, love and beauty that are surrounding you this Christmas.

Have a lovely Christmas and a wonderful 2013.

FlowerLady Lorraine

Debby said...

I am with you on that!! Ha The day after Christmas I feel like I have a hangover from all the work, family, and fun. Enjoy that hot chocolate

Jen said...

Merry Christmas! I am SO ready for everything to be put away. I want the space back in my livingroom.

Many blessings to your beautiful famiy!