Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/28/2013



Quite a busy weekend for me, and I've slacked on the housework so today is catch up day. 


The Weather:::
57 degrees right now, windy and raining.  We've actually had rain since Thursday and I for one really am enjoying it.  Looks like it's another rainy day ahead and then clearing up the rest of the week with Thursday and Friday reaching well into their 70's. 

Right now I am:

I am listening to the rain outside, hearing the wreath on my front door bang against the door because of the winds, and enjoying my cup of coffee while I try to wake up. 

Thinking:

Why am up so early and why can't I just stay in bed in the warmth sleeping?  Kinda dumb thing to wonder since I know WHY and can't change it  Hahahaha         

On my reading pile:::
Reading An Amish Kitchen, and about finished with it.
Started Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini and LOVING it.

On my tv:::
Ripper Street, Call the Midwife and Mr Selfridge
The Great British Bake Off
Portuguese Soaps

Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other):::
Knitting and Me by Silverpebble

Something fun to share:::
Barbara Brackman is a Quilt Historian, and she has a gorgeous blog filled with beautiful quilts and the story behind them.  Well worth the read if you love quilting :)   

On the menu for this week:::
Have to work on the new menu plan today, so don't have it ready to show here. Only know the meal for tonight.

Monday - Best Chili Ever
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -  
Friday -
Saturday
Sunday

On my to do list:::
Laundry
Homeschooling
Food blog review and giveaway
Bathrooms
Change bed linens

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Granny stripe blanket, quilts for the pugs, started some dresden placemats.  

Homemaking Tips:::
Drawing a complete blank today, maybe I need more coffee to get my brain working.

Looking around the house:::
It's pitiful.  It needs help today, lots of help.  There are dishes in the sink, the kitchen counters have random items spread across.  The living room has toys and video game controllers laying on the floor.  It's going to be a long day of good homemaking to get everything back on track :) 

From the camera:::


2013_01270063


On my prayer list:::
Lots of people, family and friends needing help in many areas of their lives. 


Bible verse, Devotional:::
Take hours, minutes and moments as they come, one at a time.  Don't run ahead.  Do what you can now....and at the end of the day, let it go.  Put all that is left undone in God's hands, God is at work in ways you cannot see.  Trust Him.  Sleep....rest...relax in His arms.  - Ellyn Sanna





10 comments:

Jen said...

I love that photo of your daughter. That's a lot of rain for your area. Fun! We have rain, freezing rain and ice here right now. That is not fun!

Christina said...

Glad you got some rain finally. I am an early riser too. Praying for family and friends.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Raining here too, but busy day anyway - off to see the service office for the VA stuff - keep us in your prayers - what a mess!

My how she's growing up! Great picture.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

You're the 2nd person I've run across reading The Amish Kitchen. I think I need to get that one.

My house needs attention today too!

Jasmine sure is growing up! Love her red hair! :)

Blessings for a great week, Sandra.

Tammy

Mandi said...

Your girl is STUNNING! Such a beauty. Enjoy your rain... we had that yesterday, only, freezing.

Christy said...

Those warm temperatures sound very inviting! We have been frozen here all week, and now the snow is falling. Hoping for a fire in the fireplace, but my youngest is refusing, sigh.

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Loved reading the post Knitting and Me! I am going to have to check out Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker...hmmm, one more book to add to the pile:) I always love your photos but this one is especially nice! Have a great week!

Liz said...

I would love to have the rain you guys have been getting. I'm a little jealous. Hahaha!

Love the picture. How exciting for Jasmine!

I'm going to have to add both of your books you are reading to my kindle...
As always, have a wonderful week.

Debby said...

I love J Chiaverini! She has a great series of quilting novels you might like. Thanks for the info on the quilting blog, can't wait to check it out. My house is also a mess, lots of sewing and cooking but not enough cleaning! Ha

Sherri B. said...

Love your header with the hankies!

You always watch such interesting things on the TV..how do you get all of the different channels, like the British cooking?