Saturday, January 05, 2013

Morning::::Noon::::Night

Morning::::

She's all done, and I'm so in love with this perfectly imperfect quilt of mine. I will never part with it and I don't think there would be enough money in this world that I would find enough to buy it.

2013_01050018

Sewed the binding on and then wrapped myself in all it's glory.

2013_01050003

Oh I love it.  Every imperfection, every little snag, missed stitch or not so perfectly straight line just makes me smile.

I've wanted to make a quilt for so many years, so this is a major accomplishment, definitely one thing off my bucket list.

2013_01050010

And now I'm addicted and I'm finding myself looking at fabric in a whole new way.  So I dug through my stash or scraps and started two small little quilts for my pug girls, just something for them to lay on when they're on the couch :)

2013_01050021

Oh ladies, the quilting bug has bitten and very hard.  I would ask if there's a way out of this but I am afraid I know the answer to that. Hahaha

Noon::::

I am so completely in love with my new Amish cookbooks, goodness, if you could only see the amazing recipes, and every single one is delicious and filling and using the simplest of ingredients.

I'm trying out Ruth's Donuts for breakfast tomorrow and I picked this specific recipe because you can keep the dough in the refrigerator for up to a week. So I made it this afternoon and it's been in the fridge waiting for the morning when I'll fry them up and glaze them.....

2013_01050024

It is expanding like crazy though, wow.

Went ahead and popped dinner into the oven as well.....

2013_01050022


Night::::

Ella's Beef Casserole for dinner, I will have the recipe up for you all tomorrow. There was nothing left of this, nothing....the kids even had seconds, they loved it that much and I will say that it was very tasty and I'll be making it again.

2013_01050031

Sat around the table and chatted, most of the conversation was about going back to Idaho, what we want in a house, what we'll do etc. 

It's nice to sit as a family and to talk about these things, to listen to everyone's ideas and dreams.

2013_01050027

Don't discount your children's voices just because they're not old enough to make decisions. 

They are as much a part of our family as my husband and I, and we really like including them in some things and letting them know that we appreciate them and their opinions ARE important to us :)

I'm going to sit down and enjoy a cup of salted caramel mocha coffee and go visit your blogs, say hi, see what you've been up to.

17 comments:

Jen said...

I have that same cookbook! I got it as a part of a review. The recipes are amazing in it.

Your quilt is just beautiful!!! Great job.

Nikita said...

Oh it's gorgeous! I love the fabrics!!!! And no... it's not an easy bug to get rid off. Haha and I'm glad I'm not the only that thought the same thing... I see fabric in a whole new light now, things I normally would not consider suddenly seem very appealing..

The ITS Lady said...

Which cookbook again? I ordered one as a birthday present for myself but want to make sure I ordered the correct one.
Erica

PS - Sandra you know as a quilter now your mantra is "The one who dies with the most fabric wins!"

Sandrocas said...

Oh Sandra, it's so nice, be proud!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I LOVE your quilt, it makes me smile and I can feel the love and joy that went into making it. You did a great job. You've inspired me to keep working on mine, which is being sewn all by hand, so it will take longer.

Those recipes look and sound delicious.

I can feel your joy to in getting ready for the big move and change in your life. Enjoy the process and all of you have fun in thinking about and finding, then setting up your new home in Idaho.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady Lorraine

Debby said...

Awww, your quilt is perfect!!! Welcome to the world of you can never have too many quilts. Once you get the hang of knowing what you like and want you will be able to buy fabric when its on sale making it much more affordable. I don't think there is a cure for the obsession! Ha I am going to have to get that cookbook on my list to order, sounds like a winner

Judy said...

Your quilt turned out so beautiful! I have a few Amish cookbooks, I'll have to dig them out when I get back home.

Stacia said...

You've been busy and every thing looks great!
The quilt is something not only you will love and cherish but your children will as well to remember you. :)
I was thinking of making a Good Wishes quilt for John but I know nothing about quilting!
How long did it take you to make yours?

MamaBoz said...

It's wonderful!

Lulu said...

i love your quilt and the one for the girls is lookin beautiful as well..love those colors...I have always loved fabric, i cant sew but i have made a few pillows..i love fabric..
have a great rest of sunday..

Christy said...

The quilt is simply gorgeous! And I am so excited for you that you will be going back to Idaho! This is such and exciting time, all of the planning and decision making...I'm so glad you are taking us along for the ride! And I wish you the best in all that is in front of you.

Liz said...

I love that you include your children in the chats about the future and the move. We took our kids with us to look at houses with each move we've had. If they didn't like the house, it was a no go. There was one house we looked at. It was a beautiful old house from the 1890s and my son wouldn't even go into one of the upstairs bedrooms. That was all the sign we needed that it was not meant for us. I think that the kids don't make the decisions for the family, because that's the hard part, but their thoughts, ideas, and opinions weigh in on what the final decision will be. No kid should have to make big decisions. It's too much stress for an adult so I can't imagine what it would do to them, but that doesn't mean they aren't just as important as the adults in any decision that effects them as well.

Also, I'm so in love with your quilt and can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Manuela said...

so pretty!

Conny said...

WOW, super nice quilt!!! I have a few quilts my grandma made - one out of scraps from skirts I had grown out of! LOVE THAT QUILT!

We too have been talking w/ the kids about moving ... and dad's potential new job (should find out something definite this week!!!!!). I definitely value their input and their feelings - sharing their thoughts and excitment and fears helps all of us.

Amber said...

Your quilt looks amazing!

Lora said...

I have made this comment before. I Am always impressed with how much you accomplish and how little you seem to "run". Do your kids play sports, instruments, have play dates, go to parties, etc. I find once my children start coming home at 2:30 it is a rat race to get homework done, dinner made, and everyone ready, dropped off and picked up at wherever they need to be. And there seems to be something most days...even with Just one activity per child. I have three children. I know this was a Sunday but you are always very productive and still do things you enjoy...read, crochet, quilt, watch tv. Sigh.... :). My email is lgcrouch@hotmail.com. I'd love to know more of your time management tips. I know starting early is one of them!!! Thanks!

Unknown said...

An immense moonlike of commendation, reserve it up.
free recipes