Friday, February 15, 2013

Around the house

♥♥♥♥ Fresh Fruit Salad

2013_02140002

♥♥♥♥  Fresh Bread Rolls - Half of these are being used for dinner.  Making Bifanas (Portuguese Pork Sandwiches)

Fresh Bread Rolls

♥♥♥♥  My favorite cereal of the moment

Enjoying right now

♥♥♥♥  My daffodils are blooming, really like this pop of color in my kitchen

Daffodils

♥♥♥♥  Food for the soul, Battlefield of the Mind devotional.  It's not easy changing the way I think after so many years of thinking one way.

Battlefield of the Mind

♥♥♥♥  little more progress on my tablecloth

Tablecloth in progress

♥♥♥♥  just because they make me smile

Cath Kidston Mugs

♥♥♥♥  this is my new project bag.  I have so many unfinished projects laying around, and I find myself starting new things instead of giving attention to the unfinished ones.  So, I grabbed my crochet bag, and filled it with projects needing to be finished, I'm keeping it close by and plan on digging in there next time I get the urge to make something.

Projects Bag

Tomorrow we're heading to the Arizona Renaissance Fair, for our annual fun.  We always look forward to it every year and count down the months until we can return.

I need to get some more Cinnamon Apricot Tea, and I also plan on getting a Lotion Candle for a giveaway here on the blog.  But what we really go for, is the fun.  The costumes, the shows, the atmosphere, and no matter how many times we go, I still end up taking hundreds of photos, because you never know what you may find and I would hate to miss something neat because I left the camera at home.

Sunday we have track running in the morning, followed by grocery shopping, lunch, then our walk with the pugs in the afternoon and a visit to the airplane park on base, because the boy has been asking to go back.

It's going to be a busy weekend for me, but I'm looking forward to it :)

Oh and I'm happy to report that I've lost 2 pounds this week, so far.  It's not easy counting calories, and I find myself wanting to reach for the bad stuff, but I've been really good about not touching anything, even got the kids some chocolate cake today and didn't look at it.

But I think what is really helping me is the 50 minutes of Zumba every day.  So much fun :)

Well, I'm off to get laundry finished, then dinner started, and I'll be relaxing with the family tonight watching some of our favorite shows on TV.

How is your Friday going, and do you have anything fun planned for this weekend?




5 comments:

Conny said...

have a great weekend ... looking forward to your pics from the fair!

we're meeting up w/ Dan at his parents' house tomorrow. :)

Judy said...

Congrats on the weight-loss!!! It sure isn't easy counting calories, I've been using and ap called MyFitnessPal on my iphone and ipad and love it. I also use Sparkpeople where I can calculate the calories of a recipe, it's more work but worth it.
I totally get what you're saying about changing the way one thinks after years of thinking a certain way.
Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful weekend.

Amy said...

I do the same thing with my projects.....only to STILL start new ones :-( I just have no will power....in any department.

Still want to make a bag like that. I found where I printed the pattern from Lucy's blog....something like 3 years ago....LOL

Debby said...

Oh that table cloth is so sweet and pretty!!! Congrats on the weight loss. Unfinished projects are gonna be the death of me!

Amber said...

Oh, your "in progress" bag looks gorgeous! Filled with all of that color and handmade goodness! Have a great weekend!