Monday, February 04, 2013

Lots done today

2013_02040012

It was a good creative day for me.

I was on the go from early this morning and am now finally sitting down to relax for the evening.

I could mention housework but you're probably sick of hearing me talk about it, so instead of that, I'll just say that I did some good cleaning around here and rearranged some areas too.

Laundry is completely caught up, and folded and put away. YAY! Miss Lola follows me everywhere, and where I am, she is very near taking a nap.....this was us doing laundry today.

2013_02040014

And in between that, I managed to get two projects knocked out....feels great when you sit down at the end of the day and have a lot to show for it.

So here is the first one....this cute Butterfly Shadow Box. I've been wanting to make one of these for a while and just needed the shadow box, thankfully found one for 50 cents at the Goodwill this weekend.

I just did a search for butterfly images on google, then printed some out, traced them onto patterned paper and cut them out.

A little bit of glue to stick them down, and then just pulled the wings up so they look 3D.

2013_02040021

Next I grabbed my new cotton yarn because I had something in mind for my kitchen table. Made some very quick tiny granny squares

2013_02040024

Just two rows, that's it. Then sewed them together....

2013_02040025

Set it aside and got busy with homeschooling and some more laundry, then picked it back up and crocheted some rows around it while I watched my soap

2013_02040033

around and around, again this was a very quick project

2013_02040035

It's one of those projects that I don't have to think, I don't have to count, I can just throw it together and it quickly evolves.

The end result is just what I had in mind......

2013_02040037

2013_02040039

Still need to block it, but I love it :)

2013_02040040

It just felt like the day went by so quick, before I knew it I was heading into the kitchen to start dinner, when it felt like I had just finished breakfast.

Oh I do like days like these, lots done and a sense of accomplishment.

I'm going to go watch The Hotel on Channel 4, which I love. Makes me laugh seeing some of these guests that show up, not to mention the staff and the crazy things that happen.

So with that, I bid you goodnight.

God Bless,



3 comments:

Terri said...

i made your nachos for super bowl sunday - they were a big hit! i will be making them again! YUM

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your day sounds lovely and I really like that sweet piece your crocheted.

Hope you have a good day today as well.

FlowerLady

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Sounds like a perfect kinda day! I have three dogs that follow me around the house and nap at my feet wherever I am! Love your Granny Square project! Oh, and your Butterfly Shadow Box is beautiful! Hope you have another wonderful day today:)