Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday - 02/12/2013

Day started like this....

2013_02120006

Not something very usual for our area, 29 degrees and ice everywhere, my husband had a good workout and I'm sure it brought back fond memories of snowy days in Idaho LOL

2013_02120001

Want to see what I'm eating most of these days???

Made a quick trip to the commissary for veggies and fruit this morning, I've been craving them.

It's so weird because I never crave the healthy stuff, but the minute I started working out and watching what I'm eating, I'm thinking about vegetables and juicy fruit.

2013_02120008

And the best part of this journey is that my whole family is benefiting, my children love fruit and carrots and celery, so they're loving the influx of healthy stuff

2013_02120015

I'm in love with my granny stripe blanket, and you will find me picking it up at random times of the day, snuggling it and wrapping it around me.....

2013_02120023

It's coming along so well, and it's almost to the point where I get to do some edging and call it good. It's not a big blanket, it's going to be a lap blanket.

Only thing about blankets that I don't much care for is the weaving in of all the ends. I usually crochet the yarn right in, but this one I didn't and now I'm faced with this....joy joy

2013_02120020

Surely can't wait to snuggle under it, here's another little sneak peek

2013_02120030

Afternoon snack

2013_02120036

and one more crochet project finished, this is the front of my Bavarian Crochet pillow, just love these colors

2013_02120044

preparing beans for dinner

2013_02120046

always reminds me of my greatgrandma, we would sit with a bowl between us and just clean, cut and snap beans

Buttermilk Chicken

Dinner time, Buttermilk Chicken and Green Beans with Bacon...Yum!

Now I better go log in my calories from dinner so I don't forget to do it.

Have a great evening everyone :)



10 comments:

~Carla~ said...

A beautiful day with beautiful photos! You're very talented! :)

CaityClaire said...

I need to start eating more fruit and veg too lately. Looks lovely and fresh. The crochet is looking great!

Jen said...

That first picture I honestly thought it was a "cow pie" LOL!

One of my fondest memories is sitting with my grandmother on the stonewall around her garden snaping green beans. At the time I didn't like it. But what I wouldn't give to be there now chatting with her.

I love that Bavarian Crochet pillow. The colors are beautiful.

Sandrocas said...

Lol, me too Jen! ;)
Sandra, you're looking lovely and healthy...and that chicken looks divine!

Elise said...

What a coincidence, I make roasted buttermilk chicken last night! Yours look breaded, you should post the recipe!

Beautiful self-portrait :)

Debby said...

Your killin me with that fried chicken, I can't afford it this month!! Ha

Primitive Stars said...

Oh my, fried chicken, me mouth is watering....love your blog, I am a new follower, Francine.

MamaBoz said...

Oh your pillow is beautiful! Wow! God has blessed you with amazing talents :)

Sweet Tea said...

I couldn't tell what the first photo was. ? Dr. Oz would love to see your grocery cart - lots of colorful veggies! Good for you!

Wendi said...

Your green beans look great!