Saturday, March 16, 2013

Homey Saturday!

It really was a homey Saturday, spent indoors, taking care of the house, watching my children play, while my husband studied at the kitchen table.

There's something about being in your own home, surrounded by your things and by the people you love.  It makes even the monotonous daily chores seem joyful.

2013_03160002

These two are so cute together. Bella is currently shedding and she will go and sit next to Nicholas so he can brush her, but then once he's done she'll just sit there and lean up against him....

2013_03160004

watch every move he makes while he plays

2013_03160006

and gets the occasional hug. They are adorable together :)

2013_03160009

Our boy is getting so big. He just looks so grown up lately, and it's hard to believe that in less than a month, he'll be turning 10 years old. My how time flies.

2013_03160011

He had gone to his room for something and Bella sat by his pinball machine, as if guarding it. LOL

I had to run by the commissary this morning because when I went grocery shopping with the kids yesterday, it started getting so full and busy in there that we decided to leave. While my hubby watched them this morning I made a quick run and got the last of the items that were on my list.

Came back home, got everything put away, the refrigerator cleaned out and decided to go ahead and boil a dozen eggs to keep in the fridge for a quick protein snack, or a salad during the week.

2013_03160013

Hubby and daughter are not big egg eaters, but my son and I love them.

I've been in a bit of pain today, my sciatica goes through stages and today is just really aggravated. It makes it hard to walk and I can't really seem to find a comfortable position to sit.

But I still wobbled around the house getting my work done.

Fat Flush Water

One of the things on the list was a big pitcher of Fat Flush Water. Have you heard about it? It was mentioned on The Biggest Loser and then on the Dr. Oz show as well.

I've always loved fruit flavored waters so this one is not hard for me to drink, besides I'm used to drinking only water and now knowing that I'm flushing fat and losing weight is an even bigger incentive to keep a full pitcher in the fridge.

Light Victoria Sponge

I made another sponge cake yesterday, and it's been a tough journey LOL I just can't seem to get the sponge right. It's always giving me issues, whether in the rising, or the texture, but I'm continuing to try until I nail it. This one came really close, it tasted amazing, the texture was perfect and it rose quite well....I could have done with a bit more rising, but next time.

2013_03160017

And talking about rising and layers and sponges. In my attempt to perfect this recipe, I've tried different things and one of my favorite which I found out a while ago, was using cake strips while baking. You can buy them online but they can be quite expensive, and you know how I'm all for using what I already have on hand and making my own.

So, I thought I would pass this tip onto you, who knows, it may help you with your cake baking too :)


Finished off this day with a delicious dinner. Chicken Tikka Masala and Homemade Quick Garlic Naan. Yum!

Chicken Tikka Masala

Chicken Tikka Masala

You can find both recipes on the food blog :)

Tomorrow, more homemaking, more weed pulling and I'll be showing you some pictures from outdoors and what I've been dealing with in that backyard.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me, blessings,

Sandra
xoxoxo

3 comments:

Sweet Woodruff said...

Love how you share the love you have for your family. Like your Pug and your handsome boy.

Debby said...

Aww, Bella looks like she lost her BF sitting there all alone with the pinball machine

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Sandra, wonderful way to spend a Saturday.....great pictures, your Son and Dog hugging, too cute......Irish Blessings Francine.