Wednesday, April 17, 2013

OH how I miss my blog right now...


I miss coming in every day and showing you pictures and chatting, and going by your blogs and reading up on your adventures and what you've been up to.

Last week I didn't get much blog reading done, this week we're back to the same because of State testing.  I am just not finding enough hours in the day for everything that I need to get done, and I'm mostly running around from one place to the next.

By the time night time rolls around, I fall onto my bed and am OUT for the count.

So, tell me, what have you been up to lately, anything exciting, interesting?

We've been busy with the testing, preparing for a certain young lady's birthday, helping my brother and sister in law with paperwork and other things related to their immigration, laundry and cleaning, cooking, homeschooling and...and....and.....you know how it goes.

Yesterday afternoon, we set up our pool, and Nicholas and Lola had a blast swimming around while it filled up.

Not even two hours later, we had housing at our house telling us to take down the pool because they have now banned pools from the base.

I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed and sad my kids are, and it ticks me off that I have to do this to them.

This base has really gone downhill since we've moved here, more and more I am just ready to pack up and go.

2013_04160026

2013_04160035

2013_04160036

2013_04160012

We always enjoy watching them in the pool :) Guess we'll have to find different ways to keep them cool during the summer.

I usually don't drink soda, I drink water, but in the summertime there is just something about a bottle of coke that jolts my memory back to my childhood. All of a sudden I am sitting in a *pastelaria* (bakery/cafe) in Portugal and enjoying a bottle of coke and a cake. What fond memories those are.

2013_04160060

While I was out there, this was also going on and it's never a good feeling when you hear your name, turn around and see this LOL

2013_04160051

And here's my girl. She is at that age that hates having her picture taken, so she hides and whines and won't let me photograph her, it's always a good day when I can get the camera in there :)

She's grown so much and next week will be turning 14 years old, how time flies.

2013_04160053

2013_04160062

Just a way to relax after a day of testing.  We still have two more days ahead, reading and math and those are not exactly the kid's favorites, so they're not very thrilled.

Remember I told you that the next menu plan is all about going back to my blog, to the very first posts and remaking family favorites.  Last night was the first recipe being revisited and I had forgotten how yummy and simple it was to make.  Sausage and Broccoli Skillet.

Sausage and Broccoli Skillet

Tonight, I'll be making Ham and Cheese Chicken Rolls with Garlic Mashed Potatoes.  Can't wait to revisit that one too :)

Alright, I have tons of laundry to get through, homeschooling and some bills to pay. 

Again, I am sorry I haven't been by to visit anyone, I do hope to get some time this weekend to come and say hi, so if you don't see me before then, now you know why :)

God Bless,
Sandra
xoxoxo

5 comments:

Mari said...

That's just crazy! I can't understand how your pool would be a problem.
We spent the day at the hospital - my Dad had more ablations done on his heart. He's doing well tonight and will hopefully come home tomorrow. We are also dealing with state inspectors at the nursing home. They come every year and are as ridiculous as the people who make your take down your pool. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad for you and your kids! Pools are so much fun...so unfair! I can even lay in a 18 inch little pool and feel wonderful on a hot day.

nice action shots of the super-soakers.

I practically salivate if I see a coke or pepsi truck..ha..

Sandrocas said...

Your daughter and her gorgeous hair, reminds me of Merida from Brave :)

Amber said...

I've neglected my blog too. I've been sick for the last 5 weeks. It's been a real bummer since the weather has been warm and sunny here. What a bummer about the pool. I would hate having to answer to a homeowner's association or to a base.

Rachel Lynn said...

Base privatization is one of the reasons my Hubby and I decided to live off base when we moved from AZ to NV. We still have an HOA, but it's more like don't have weeds, not don't have a pool. The base here is even worse than in AZ (we had friends here before us) which just assured us in our decision.

My pug loves the water too! But we only let her in our little kiddie pool cuz she tends to get water up her nose too easilly. She wades instead of swims.

Good luck to your kiddos as they finish their tests!!