Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hello friends....

I know, I know, I've been awful at updating the blog.  So much for daily posts huh?

I will tell you that the past 3 days have been something else, I'm so stressed out and overwhelmed right now, and there are so many important decisions to make that I hope we make the right ones.

That whole thing of "leaving it in God's hands"?

Yeah I suck at that.  Really, I suck at it.  I start off with the best of intentions and then find myself wanting to curl into a ball and cry.

I honestly need to suck it up, get it done and get over it.  And I will.

The initial shock has worn off, now it's just go go go.

The movers will be here the week of the 25th of June and we'll be leaving for Idaho the 29th of June.  Oh my.

Time is going to fly.

2013_05230003

I've started packing as we'll be doing a partial DITY, just like when we PCS'ed to Arizona. So the movers will be taking some of the stuff and we'll be taking some too.

I've started packing the things that will go with us, aka the things I do not allow the movers to get anywhere near.

2013_05250008

Need I say more? Hahah

So far I have all our dental records, the dogs vet records, waiting on the medical records because they take 30 days from the day you fill out the form (good ol' military "hurry up and wait").

TLF (temporary housing facility) is a pain in the behind, I'm sure military folks out there know what I'm talking about. I call up to make a booking and first she tells me that they only take bookings 3 days prior to the date we need it and it's not guaranteed, it's a first come first serve basis...then I tell her I need pet TLF because we have pets and she says they only have 6 designated for pets and they have none available for those dates I need them.

Am I missing something??? If you can't book until 3 days prior then why are the pet ones already taken? Whatever!

We have decided to stay at the house until the very last day, once housing does the inspection, the kids and I will go hang out at the park with the dogs, while hubby does the last out processing, then we'll hit the road.

SO not looking forward to the 13 hour drive, especially driving through Vegas which was just horrid last time I had to drive through it. Wish I could drive all the way there and then fly over the strip and land on the other side LOL Wouldn't that be something?

My husband received a flag at work, and next week he will be stopping in to do one last F-16 launch. I told him there better be lots of pictures :)

You know these military guys who have been all their lives, are so used to this life that it's very hard when it's over. He came home from work on his last day which was Thursday and actually had tears in his eyes. I felt so bad for my hubby. He loves his country to death and especially his jets, he's been working on them since he was 18 so it's going to be very big change for him. But he'll be ok :)

Me on the other hand, well....let's just say that I've woken up a couple times the past few nights and suddenly felt panicked. This morning I burst into tears. There's a lot of emotions going on inside me, for one I'm ecstatic to be going back to Idaho, but on the other hand as much as I hate this place, I still feel sad, and I will definitely miss the military life, it's been all we have known for so many years.

So I'm taking it easy, I'm letting myself cry when I want to cry, and then I'm pushing forward. It helps to have an amazing husband who calms me down, who listens and who reiterates over and over that we are going to be just fine.

It also helps when you have a glass of Captain Morgan and coke and a brownie with ice cream....just saying!

2013_05250007

We are house hunting, we are in touch with realtors and calling and emailing back and forth, and my hubby will be going up here in a week or so to look at the last houses we narrow down, sign the papers and hopefully get our new home.

I feel like a fish out of water, this is our first home and it's so confusing, but we've been researching and researching and have really good realtors helping us out.  Thank goodness for that.

And there you have it, that's what I've been doing the past 3 days.  I haven't had a chance to crochet or watch anything on tv.  I've been surrounded by boxes and paperwork and constant phone calls, and it's just the beginning, so I'm hoping I don't run out of steam before the end of the month.  Say a prayer for me will ya?

Hope you're all having a fantastic Memorial Day, and if you don't know what to throw on the grill, why not these yummy sliders?

2013_05250011

I am going to go back to packing *sigh*


18 comments:

webofbutterflies said...

ur blog is awesome .......

Mari said...

Lots to think about, lots to do! But you'll do fine and happy days await in Idaho!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Sandra ~ What an emotional post. I feel all of it with you.

You will do fine, your husband will too and so will your two fantastic kids.

Crying is a great tension releaser. I occasionally have dreams about having to get everything ready for the movers when we left Spain to come home in '1973'. Those dreams are always so anxious, hoping I get everything done in time. Glad they are only dreams.

I can almost taste your rum and coke and that delicious looking brownie.

The sliders look delicious as well.

May you find the home that is just right for all of you. May the next few weeks go smoothly, and may the trip to Idaho, not seem so long and be filled with fun memories.

You can do this, all of it. God is your strength, even when you are weak, stressed, etc.

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Sandra, well, it is a stress full time, try and relax a little, Captain Morgan is a good start, :) Happy Memorial Day, Francine.

Anonymous said...

I like your new blog look!!
Well, good luck, hopefully the move will go smoothly and same with buying your home. three decades ago we moved up here from one year in TX, and as much as I hated TX (and the heat) now I look back and have good memories of it..ha! I wouldn't mind going back as the people were real nice.

Must be so nice to fly a fighter jet! wow. Change for everyone.

I don't know much about the military red tape...but I know my son made an appt. to get a dental checkup, and assumed they would clean them at the same appt...and they said , Oh no, you have to make another appt for that...and he had to go on his ship, so never did get that cleaning.

I would hate the drive too..after driving to TX...very hard.

Have a good Memorial Day!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sandra. I hope you soon leave your melancholy behind! This new chapter is going to be one of your best, one of your husband's best. It was truly meant to be! Everything will work out.

xo

Unknown said...

Aww, my heart goes out to you. The thought of leaving the military puts me in quite a panic too! Praying or you during this time of transition, the peace of God and for doors to open in just the right places.

Unknown said...

I am not looking forward to when Patrick gets out. He is thinking of extending two more years and that will put us at 22 years.

Goodluck on your new adventure as a famiily.

Conny said...

hugs and prayers as you transition ... from someone who has "been there, done that". It IS overwhelming, but keeping at it one day at a time, one moment at a time. It will all work out!!
If you don't get into TFL, will the AF pay for you to stay in a hotel?? That's what they used to do "back in the day"?
Anyway ... I'm thinking of you and know YOU CAN DO THIS!! Excited to see/hear about your new house!!! :)

Linda said...

I haven't commented before, but your blog is my current obsession. You always inspire me, but I also love how honest you are. I am reading your archives and just yesterday read about your last move and how stressful it was for you. (I totally relate.) Anyway, I could almost feel your relief as you put things in their new places, did your housework and made home. I want to remind you that you will soon be doing that in your new home and all will be well as it was last time. You will be in my prayers.

Carol said...

I can't even imagine how stressful this all is! But in just over a month, you'll be back in Idaho! I'm sure the time will fly, especially because you're so busy. I'll be thinking of your family as you make this huge transition!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I pray for a smooth transition for you and your family. You will get through this and it will be okay. I wish I lived closer and could lend a hand. ;;'( Keep up your routine as much as you can and that will help.
Carey

Cheri said...

Change is always difficult even when it's a happy change. Allow your emotions to do what they need to. Praying for you all as you embark on this exciting adventure. Thanks for taking us along for the ride :)

Lulu said...

i am confused, cant you guys stay, or they have to let you go if he didnt get a promotion? i dont understand any of it..sorry..
good luck Sandra, i know you guys will be ok..

Debby said...

Hugs to you!! I have the same problem with change, to many "what ifs" keep my mind out of sorts. Just think of the new memories you will be making soon!!

Sandrocas said...

Awww, it must be crazy, but in the long run, to set down roots in your own home,amazing! Think of this time as driving through the strip, it sucks, but before you know it, you'll be on the other side, enjoying all that is to come!

Rachel Lynn said...

Living in Vegas, driving through from the 29-31 shouldn't be too bad (not sure what your plan is). Friday's are really the worst going north, Saturday-Monday shouldn't be too bad.

Hope that eases your mind.

Renee said...

So many changes ~ saying hello to the new and goodbye to the old is never easy. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Have a safe and smooth move!