Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Homemaking in progress....

2013_07160006

I don't know about you all but I can't sit still and be happy until my house is fully unpacked and everything is set up.

And I can say that it's finally there.  OH joy, the sigh of relief I breathed last night was humungous.

I can now sit down on my couch with my crochet and work on dishcloths to sell, and just so you know I've decided against an Etsy store, I am old fashioned kinda gal and I like things simple, so I'll be selling my goodies through my blog here and on Facebook.

2013_07160023

I've been slowly working my way through some dishcloths, I kind of did it in between boxes of unpacking and if I was resting for a few minutes.

2013_07160018

Now I'm looking forward to being able to work on them whenever I feel like it.  I figure with my family arriving next week, I have a few days to really make a dent on these.

2013_07160011

2013_07160014

2013_07160017

I think one of my favorite steps of the dishcloth making, is in picking the yarn colors :)

So anyway, that's what I have been working on. We had glorious thunder and rain yesterday and it makes me so happy because living in Arizona for the past 7 years we hardly got any, it was so frustrating at times. I think we've seen more rain here in the past two weeks than in a whole year back in AZ. Crazy!

2013_07160045

This was taken right after the rain, so pretty.

Today I've been super busy.

Had to go to base to get groceries at the commissary and then came home, put all of those away and had to run back out to Walmart to pick up a few things that I still needed, came back home and got all that taken care of.

I am now sitting down for about an hour to watch my Portuguese soap and then it's dinner time. I've been looking forward to that for a long time.

My fridge and deep freezer are stocked and I can't wait to get in the kitchen to cook, oh I've missed it :)

I'll have to come back and share the recipe, making some yummy chicken breasts with a bacon breadcrumb topping, potatoes au gratin and for dessert I have a delicious Lucky Leaf recipe for a review going up on the food blog. Just wait until you see it, think blueberries, lemon pie, whipped cream....yum.

Ooohhh my show is starting, time to head out. Oh and I didn't forget about the Happy Homemaker Monday, I'll come say hi later tonight :)

7 comments:

Sherri B. said...

It will be interesting to see how you go about selling on your blog. I have heard that some do choose that route and like it.

Your photo after the rain is very pretty. It is nice to see you so happy.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love these fun colorful dish clothes. Very nice "after the rain" picture. I hope you are enjoying Idaho. Glad to hear you made it up there and are getting settled in. I have been on vacation and very busy upon return and am just getting back into blog land. Enjoy the rest of the week!
http://dayinthelife2013.blogspot.com/

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hurray, you are finally unpacked. That must feel so wonderful.

How nice that you live near a base and can still shop the commissary.

Your sky shot after the rain is wonderful. We've been having LOTS of rain for months now.

Your dishcloths are so pretty. Yes, picking out the colors to use is always a joy.

I'm going to be re-opening my little Etsy shop shortly. Just edited some info yesterday. I've sold an item or two through my blog also. Wish you well on this new venture.

Happy living there in your new home.

FlowerLady

Debby said...

Nothing better than a full pantry/freezer, clean house, then time to kick back and create on a rainy day. I can't wait to place an order for some of your dish cloth's. Details please!!!

Erika said...

Where did you learn all the stitches to make all the things you make? I would like to learn how to make more things.
Thanks!!

~Carla~ said...

I'm the very same way, Sandra... I can't "settle" or really rest if i'm living within boxes... hope you're all settled in soon! :) I also sell my sewn creations on FB and my blog... Etsy is just too overun for my liking and I find it's more "personal" through FB and blogging! :) If you have a FB Page, please email me the page so I can like it or point in the general direction! :)

Beautiful photos as per always!!

Jen said...

Your crocheted items are so pretty and fun! I have a friend who is awesome at crocheting and has an etsy store where she sells hand-made stuffed animals. They are so cute. Have you made any of those dish towels that are half crochet and half regular dish towel that hook onto the oven? I have one and it has seen better days but it's so handy I can't get rid of it!