Saturday, December 14, 2013

Draining week!

My view

Oh my friends, I have had one of the worst weeks in a long time.  It's been so draining, and so exhausting that I'm just glad to see it come to an end.

I always feels that December seems to bring a lot of sadness and trials for some people, and this week we've been extremely tested as Christians.

I feel like I've been put through the ringer, faced with certain situations and really had to dig deep inside to be the Christian that I say I am and want to continue being.

Not easy.  Human nature has a tendency to have us react in certain ways which don't always portray who we really are, so it's been tough trying to not fall into that trap, to turn the other cheek, to be the better person.

Exhausting, I tell ya.

But, here I am, intact and still up on my feet.  If it weren't for the almighty God I serve, I doubt I would be.

Wrapping presents

I have finished all my Christmas shopping, and everything is wrapped.  It's a little hard to believe, actually it's VERY hard to believe that Christmas is just in 11 days.  I'm usually not done with the shopping this early, but this year with having more people around, I've had to organize myself and make every single second of my day count.

Quail prints

We've been having some cold days and even getting down into the negatives.  Woke up one morning to a white wonderland.

Icicles

Icicles


So cold

Enjoyed a beautiful performance by my niece's Senior Company.  This was her first ever ballet performance and she looked like a pro, so proud of her.

Niece's Ballet

Received and early Christmas present from my wonderful husband.  This man knows me so very well.  What else would an ex Air Force Wife want, but an airplane necklace?  I love it so much!

Necklace gift

And so that is just a few highlights from my last week, tiny little tidbits that made an unbearable week that little bit better to cope with.

I think we sometimes get so caught up in the craziness, that we forget to take time to reflect and to be with the people who matter.  So as we go into this Christmas season, I decided to focus on what's important......getting ready for Christmas with my family, getting ready to welcome my mother and father in law next week and just being in the moment.  It means I've also taken a break from Facebook so you won't see me around there.

It's needed.  But for the moment, I think what is really needed is my ripple blanket, a cup of coffee and one of my books.

Have a blessed weekend,
Sandra
xoxoxoxo

PS....I have drawn a winner for the Moleskine Notebook and will announce it in the morning :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It seems that its been a rough Christmas for a lot of people I know....keep your strong spirit up! Your blog ALWAYS makes me feel better and remember what's important.

Conny said...

Bless your heart ... hope and pray things will brighten up again soon!! Keep your focus! :)

On my blog, I hi-lighted the Christmas carol that sums up how I feel about the entire YEAR:

A THRILL OF HOPE - the WEARY WORLD REJOICES (I know I'm weary right now too!).... but rejoice and hope!!

Sandrocas said...

Yet, you chose to share all that is good in your life with us, one reason why i like you so much, you see the blessings through the rough times. Wishing you and yours a very blessed and peaceful Christmas seasons. Bjs da Sandra do Canada <3

Debby said...

What a sweet soul you have. I tend to have a hissy fit now and then when things get a little crazy. I need to follow your example!! Love your necklace!! Thanks for reminding me to stay sweet, it ain't always easy!! Ha

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hope you can take this Sunday to slow down and regroup and just remember the Joy that Jesus brings into our lives. Thank you for the timely reminder to turn the other cheek...we are doing a lot of that right now with a situation in our family. It can be so challenging to know how to handle things correctly. I hope next week goes better for you. I love the airplane necklace. I so agree that it can be very theraputic to take a total break from FB. Have a good one!

A said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
prayers and hugs