Monday, December 02, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/02/2013

Good morning my friends :)  Can you believe it's December already?

Sure do hope you've had a good Thanksgiving holiday with the family, guess now it's all back to business until Christmas right?  Anyway, on to this morning's Happy Homemaker Monday :)



As I look outside my window:::
Chilly morning, fog and the remnants of an overnight rain shower remain.  We have some very cold weather coming this week, including some snow here and there.  The kids are excited for it and I am too, though I do truly hope that we get a lot of snow on Christmas :)

 
Right now I am:::
In bed, again, just like last week.  Honestly though it's the best place to bed on a chilly morning.  As always, I have a hot cup of coffee too, this morning it's Peppermint Mocha.  Yum!

Thinking and pondering:::
On our current situation.  My husband is once again looking for a job.  It's all in the Lord's hands, that's it.

 
On my bedside table:::
Finishing up The Pursuit of Mary Bennet by Pamela Mingle for a review at the end of the week. 

On my tv tonight:::
Catching up on:
Tudor Monastery Farm
Last night's The Witches of East End
All my Portuguese Soaps which I've fallen way behind on
 
Playing on the radio:::
The Civil Wars, love their music.  


On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Chicken a la King with Homemade Noodles
Tuesday - Stuffed Peppers 
Wednesday - Homemade Cheese Ravioli with Marinara Sauce, Salad
Thursday - Slow Cooker 8 Can Taco Soup
Friday - Baked Garlic Chicken with Spaghetti
Saturday - Easy Garlic Cheese Pizza
Sunday -  Chicago Style Hotdogs, Tater Tots

On my to do list:::
3 loads of laundry to iron, which I will do while catching up on my shows
Sweep, Mop, Vacuum and give this house a good cleaning
Homeschooling

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Started a new blanket.  I know, what am I thinking, but I really want to make this one and just couldn't put it off anymore.

My simple pleasure:::
Sitting out on the porch with my camera, while it's raining. 

Lesson learned the past week:::
So many, but the biggest one was to dig deep and realize that no matter how hard things may seem at the moment, there are others there doing much worse.  It's so easy to get caught up in the negative parts of our lives that we allow them to shadow all the blessings and that is when things completely fall apart.  God is constantly reminding me to put it in His hands.

Looking around the house:::
The house is needing some serious attention after a weekend of Christmas decorating.  There are empty boxes here and there, random items strewn through the house, a garbage can overflowing, some dishes in the sink and it's all driving me insane.  There will be some major cleaning going on today and my husband has offered to help me, which will be wonderful :)

From the camera:::



Prayer List:::
My husband and brother as they continue their search for jobs. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::
He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us,
– 2 Corinthians 1:10 (NIV)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a recipe for the garlic baked chicken? Sounds like something my family might like.

Lulu said...

praying for you all Sandra..

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, I really love your afghan. Prayers that your hubby can find a new job. I can sure empathize...been there done that...several times. Rough economy just now. Have a good week. I am hoping to have time to post and link up tonight.

Kar said...

Something better will come your husband's way. Have fun with your new blanket! :)

Dawn Marie said...

I wish I knew how to crochet. Seems like such a relaxing hobby. Hoping your husband is able to find a job soon.

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I truly hope your husband and brother are able to find jobs soon. The afghan you pictured is beautiful! Hopefully I will have one to show in a few weeks:) Have a great week!