Monday, December 23, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/23/2013

Well this is going up super late today, but in my defense, I have the in laws visiting and have been pretty busy.


So, let's not waste anymore time and let's get right on it.....



As I look outside my window:::
Foggy, cloudy but not too cold.  We had some snow a few days ago but it's all melting and leaving a big ol' mess outside.  I am hoping for a White Christmas but I have a feeling that is not going to happen.

Right now I am:::
Sitting at the kitchen table and typing this post while I have a few minutes to myself.

Thinking and pondering:::
Dinner tonight, I'll be fixing a Ham for the in laws as they leave tomorrow morning.  Also thinking about all the cooking I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon because we celebrate on Christmas Eve around here.

On my bedside table:::
My bible, and The Witches of East End on my Kindle. Also re-reading Made to Crave to prepare for the Bible Study coming up on January 24th, but I'll tell you more about that later :)

On my tv tonight:::
Catching up on:
Tudor Monastery Farm
The White Queen
Killer Contact

Listening to:::
My hubby and father in law chatting, my nephew playing a game on the X-Box and the dogs running around playing.

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Zucchini, Squash and Tomato Casserole, Salad, Jello Pudding Dessert
Tuesday - Christmas Eve - Rissois, pan fried chicken, croquetes, Quindims, Queijadas, Bolo de Bolacha, Bola de Carne (sorry it's all in Portuguese, but it's our tradition)
Wednesday - Pork Roast, Potatoes, Salad
Thursday - Homemade Fettucine with Meat Sauce
Friday - Carne Guisada c/ Massa (Beef with Noodles)
Saturday - Cottage Pie
Sunday -  Vegetable Soup, Sandwiches

On my to do list:::
Entertain, that's it....nothing more.  Play some board games, watch some movies, laugh, chat.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Nothing right now, crochet is still on hold.
 
My simple pleasure:::

Laying in bed with a good book   

Lesson learned the past week:::
More like a reminder that family means everything and some things are not worth getting angry about.  Especially during this time of the year, we need to focus on what we have in front of us and not question or worry or yearn for something else.  Make it count!

Looking around the house:::
The Christmas tree is overflowing and ready for kids to dive into.  It's also starting to die so I'm glad we have Christmas right upon on or I fear it wouldn't make it.  There are board games here and there, blankets on the couch, coffee mugs in hands and people laughing.  Truly the best thing about the holidays.

From the camera:::



Prayer List:::
Family and friends.
And for you all, my faithful blog readers, for whatever it may be that is weighing heavily on your heart, I pray that the good Lord give you the comfort you need.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” Luke 2:11-14 NIV

6 comments:

Lulu said...

Merry Christmas to you all Sandra..

Elizabeth said...

I know you've been super busy, so I want to thank you for posting Happy Homemaker Monday today, I look forward to it every week! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!

Blessings.

Simply Quaint said...

Merry Christmas!!! Thank you for such a wonderful blog.....enjoy your holidays with your family....
Blessings
Rhonda

~Carla~ said...

Such wisdom in this post! Merry Christmas to you & yours!!

Sweet Tea said...

I love your "To Do List" - it's the same as mine!

Debby said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! May God continue to Bless you