Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/30/2013

Good morning dear friends, I hope you are having a good Monday morning so far.

Can you believe that we are right at the end of 2013?  Where has this year gone?

This is going to be our last Happy Homemaker Monday of 2013 and when we return next week, I would like to have it slightly changed, maybe add a few categories or change some around.  But for that I would love your input, so if there's something you would like to see added just let me know in the comments :)


As I look outside my window:::
18 degrees this morning, and some nasty ice outside.  It's the one thing of Winter I really dislike, I will take snow any day over this messy frost/ice.

Right now I am:::
Sitting in bed, typing up this post and hoping my blog doesn't mess up again.  Woke up this morning to a big ol' mess with the template, not quite sure what happened.

Thinking and pondering:::
On New Year's Eve, on what the next year is bringing and if I'm quite ready for it.  I think I am, I have a good feeling about this year.

On my bedside table:::
My bible
Made to Crave
Vicks, Halls Throat Lozenges and Kleenex

On my tv tonight:::
Not sure, I have so many shows to catch up on.  I think though that I need to watch part 3 of Death Comes to Pemberley

Listening to:::
My hubby playing with Lola

On the menu for this week:::
Preparing the new Menu, so not sure yet.  For tonight I have some Elk that was gifted to us, so I guess I'll prepare that somehow.
Monday -
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -

On my to do list:::
Mopping
Menu Planning
Ironing

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Crocheting headband for myself and then making another cute scarf for this cold weather
 
My simple pleasure:::

Reading cookbooks from front to back  

Lesson learned the past week:::
Patience, patience and more patience.  Enough said!

Looking around the house:::
The Christmas tree and all decorations have been removed.  The house looks so bare without them, but I'm fine with that, I was ready for it all to come down.  Today we'll take down the outside decorations.

From the camera:::


Prayer List:::
Family and friends.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 NIV

8 comments:

Miss Ruthie Aileen said...

I was thinking about maybe a category like: places to go for the week. Or maybe a new recipe to share. Or homemaking tip of the week ( which I think you might have done before)..Or ministry opportunity involved in or thinking of starting

Jen said...

I seem to always have trouble getting my link to show up on your list. It's starting to be frustrating. haha

I've been sick for 2 weeks now. It just seems to hang on and on. I cannot even walk up the stairs without becoming so tired I need a nap.

Praying you get better soon.

Mary said...

I don't have any suggestions for new things, I have just become such a fan oner the bit over a year I've ve been reading it. I would like to comment about what I think might have happened with your blog layout. I haven't had a`problem at your food blog, but have noticed that something has pushed things out of whack. It's as though the width was set wider, but not wide enough... What I think could be the cause (I used to be a webmaster for a friend's band, I'm no great tech expert, but learned how to cobble my way through editing scripts, hand coding and graphic work) is that some bit of javascript, some ad or other do-dad was pasted in somewhere and it's messed up the layout. My past viewing experience here, was blog articles on the left to middle, and a column of links to older blog articles, etc.. and then links to current blog articles of blogs Sandra likes and follows. I've become fans of some of those blogs too, but now I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of each article to find those links. Today I see that column on the left, but the width thing is still off, I have to scroll the browser all the way to the right to read Sandra's blog article. If it's any help, I use Firefox

Mary said...

Oh, sorry about the typos, tonight's one of those nights where everybody keeps asking me to get this or that, and when I get back to my laptop I'm in such a rush I don't always look and see where I left off.

Amy said...

Hi Sandra,
I'm going to try doing the happy homemaker Monday post. I hope I do it right......I always enjoy yours :)
Amy

Sarah said...

Hi Sandra, hope you are feeling better!

I had trouble commenting, the only way I could comment is by opening the comment form as a separate tab - but otherwise for me your blog looks great xxx

I don't get to to HHM often, but when I do it would be fun to talk about plans for the week.

Big hugs. Have a wonderful 2014 dear friend.

xxxxx Sarah

Unknown said...

Yay. I finally have a blog so I can comment. :) I'm new to this whole thing, but love your blog just the way it is.

Liz said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who quickly takes down their Christmas decorations. I get so excited for Christmas, but when it's over, I'm over it. Hahaha! I just want my house back.

I love reading cookbooks from front to back also!

Hope you all are starting to feel better.

Have a nice week and Happy New Year.