Saturday, December 07, 2013

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

December 7

Well finally, we got our first real snow of the year.  We got a little dusting a few weeks back but nothing that would even stick around.

This morning, however, we woke up to a beautiful white winter wonderland and huge big flakes coming down.  It stayed this way for the whole day, and just now stopped.

I know it's cold, but I do love a good snow and seeing the earth blanked in beautiful white flakes.

December 7

December 7

I love it, the kids love it, the quails love it.....

December 7

My pugs however, not so much.

December 7

Especially Miss Lola who really really really and I mean reallyyyyyy hates it LOL

She just refuses to go out in that cold, even if we go out with her and stand there and try to coax her. Nope, not having it.
December 7

Miss Bella is not so bad, she'll go out, she'll walk around, do her business and quickly run back in.

December 7

December 7

December 7

We had to make a quick trip to Walmart for some snow boots for the kids and some thermal wear, because when it comes to winter clothes, we have none.  When we left to Arizona 7 years ago we got rid of them never thinking we would be heading back this way, but now I'm really regretting that decision because goodness, we are not equipped for this cold weather at all.

December 7

You know it's so funny in a way, being back here where the kids were born, and seeing things and experiencing things as if for the first time. They've grown so much since then, so it's exciting reliving it all through their eyes.

Humbling in a way, sad in another, but always exciting.

Well, I best get on out of here. I have a chicken pot pie in the oven, my fire is going, everyone is walking around with thick socks and hats and whatnot, snuggling under blankets and watching movies and playing games etc.

I am going to run and check on dinner, get the table set, eat, and then I'm thinking a hot shower, some comfy pj's and relaxing either with a good book or a Christmas movie with the family.

God Bless,
Sandra
xoxoxo

5 comments:

Conny said...

Gorgeous snow!!! (ours had a sheet of ice under it ... NOT so great for getting out on)
And I just LOVE that quail. :)

Jen said...

I just love those pictures of Bella and Lola. LOL! I could sit for hours and take pictures of the snow. You know I've lived in NY my whole life. I still find it hard to warm up when it's cold. But I'd much rather warm up than cool down in the heat!

Our snow is all gone now. We are expecting more tonight. YAY!

gillyflower said...

Ohh snow!!!! Your dogs look cosy in their warm coats, but I don't think the smaller breeds like it much do they?
Love your new banner!
Enjoy the run up to Christmas and keep warm Sandra!
Gill xx

Naomi said...

Snow is beautiful and makes everything seem so quiet which I love, but only for a day and then I'm quite happy to leave it for another 12 months LOL.
They keep forecasting a very snowy winter for the UK but happily we live on the south coast and nothing has arrived yet. Unfortunately the UK just doesn't know what to do with even a tiny bit of snow and grinds to halt, so January may be an interesting time here!
I hope you enjoyed your cosy evening and are having a lovely Sunday with your family :) xxx

Wendi said...

I love the first snowfall of the season... beautiful! A potpie sounds great! I haven't make my menu this week and might add a beef pot pie.

Have a great week!