Thursday, December 05, 2013

Slow Cooking Thursday - Slow Cooker 8 Can Taco Soup

cookingthursday

16 degrees this morning and I do believe it's time for some soup.  I love stews and soups on cold days like these and if the crockpot can help me make dinner, even better.

This one comes from Six Sisters Stuff and is currently in my crockpot cooking away for tonight's meal.  Smells yummy already.  I'm going to make some homemade bread for sandwiches too and that should make a nice filling dinner :)


Slow Cooker 8-Can Taco Soup

Ingredients:
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, drained
1 (12.5 oz) can chicken breast, drained
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning

Directions:
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Dump all the ingredients into slow cooker and stir together. Cook on low heat for 2-3 hours. Serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.

4 comments:

Evie said...

Hi,
This recipe sounds yummy but do you double it for your large family? We have 7 people in our family and two of them are big eaters. :)

Mari said...

I've made something similar and it's yummy! I'm not linking today because what I posted isn't really a recipe. :)

Melonie said...

YUM!!!! This sounds so good - especially with the cold weather piling on us today. Definitely something to curl up with a steaming bowl and a book. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a much more involved version of tortilla soup, if my family ate beans, I'd switch to this one!