Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Winter Frost

Christmas Tree

Can you believe that Christmas is just a few days away?

I'm looking forward to it, but then again it gets to this time of the year and I'm ready for it all to be over so I can take down my tree LOL  I know, crazy huh?

Christmas Lights

If there is one thing I do love is Christmas Lights and the beautiful effects you can capture on camera.  Now that is one thing I wouldn't mind having up all year long, some twinkling lights.

But yes, I'm very much looking forward to spending Christmas with my family here, for the first time in 16 years.  It will be a special day indeed :)

To make it that much more special, my mother in law and father in law are both visiting.  They arrived yesterday and will be here a week.  We wish they could stay longer but we are just so thrilled to spend this time with them, it's a blessing.

Winter Frost

Another thing I've been loving this week, is the winter frost.  It is so cold but I am just in awe of the beauty of the frost.  There is something about looking out from the deck and seeing these white trees and white fields all sparkly.

Winter Frost

The cold I could do without, and I wouldn't mind a snowy Christmas, but I guess in a way I'll still get a white Christmas right?  Silver lining and all :)

Winter Frost

Kids are on Winter Break, they finished all their school work ahead of time.  They're also on break from dancing and Tae Kwon Do, so it really is all about the days leading up to Christmas, and the excitement is palpable.

To be honest, I can't wait to dig in to those presents either and see what I got.

Well my friends, it's 10:38pm and I'm so tired that I can't even keep my eyes open, so I'm heading straight to bed.

I just wanted to come and say a quick hi and let you all know that I'm still here, still plodding through, still keeping my head up and my eyes set on the Lord.

Blessings,
Sandra

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am really looking forward to school break! No set time to get up, no homework, noting but family time. Matt is on days starting tomorrow through the January. I so wish it were forever. I'll take what I can get.