Monday, October 06, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/06/2014

Hello my friends, Happy Monday!!!

Are you ready for the week ahead and all it may bring?  I have to say that I am, quite ready for it indeed.

Let's start it off with our Happy Homemaker Monday and see what everyone is up to.


Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Right now I'm enjoying a big, and I mean BIG cup of coffee with Sweet Italian Cream Creamer.  Yum!   Also have some french bread toast to go along with it.

Looking around the house::::
The living room is in desperate need of some tidying up.  My teens turn it into a party room during the weekend, and no matter how many times I ask for them not to bring food into the living room, it falls on deaf ears.  There are empty glasses, empty bowls, notebooks, laptops...you name it.  Kitchen is not bad, just needs some dishes washed.  Rest of the house also needs a pick up.

On today's to do list::::
Laundry.....Have one load in the washer and one in the dryer, and then a load of dish towels and tablecloths to go in.  That is it for laundry.
Cleaning.....In the kitchen, I need to unload the dishwasher and wash one sink full of dishes.  I have two bags of apples on the counter that I need to get into the crockpots this morning, and I need to sweep and mop the floors.   In the living room, tidy up, pick up dishes and items and put in their places, vacuum rug and mop wood floors.  Give the couches a good cleaning too, oh and there's dusting to be done.  In the bedrooms, change bed linens, tidy up, dust and vacuum.  In the bathrooms, clean toilets and sinks and mop floors.
Homeschooling.....prepare today's lessons.  Jasmine just switched to Spanish and now she is 16 or so lessons behind, on top of all her other work.  I need to come up with a plan to get her caught up without putting her any further behind.  Wish me luck.
Crocheting.....Still haven't made myself the slouchy hat, bummer.  Have a few items written down and planned for Christmas gifts and need to get going on those.  Also working on the crochet pillow. 
Cooking....Grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches for lunch.  Dinner will be the One Dish Chicken and Rice that I was supposed to make last week and never got around to it.  Also making a batch of Crockpot Apple Sauce and Crockpot Apple Butter.   

Currently reading::::
The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon.
The Shelter of God's Promises by Sheila Walsh

On the TV today::::
--  Portuguese Soaps - Mulheres, Mar Salgado
-- Two Downton Abbey's episodes
-- Stalker
-- Haven
-- Reign

The weather outside is::::
Beautiful but chilly, actually saw my breath when I took the pugs out to potty this morning.  It is sweater weather in the mornings, and tank tops in the afternoons, kinda weather.  Craziness! 

On the menu this week::::

Monday

One Dish Chicken and Rice

Tuesday
Broccoli Cheese Soup - Orange Cocoa Cake

Wednesday

Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes

Thursday
Spinach Turkey Burgers, Homemade Fries


Friday

Teriyaki Chicken Casserole

Saturday
Pull Apart Pepperoni Knots

Sunday
Potato and Onion Soup, Grilled Cheese and Ham Sandwiches

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Grab the camera and head outside to snap some more Fall pictures.

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
I have to work on the food blog today, going up will be the Slow Cooker Cubed Steaks, Chicken Parmesan Baked Spaghetti, Pork Chop Casserole and an Oreo Dessert.  Tonight I'll have the One Dish Chicken and Rice up as well.

One of my simple pleasures::::
Enjoying the simple things, a cup of tea, a good book, an especially yummy shortbread cookie.

Favorite photo from the camera::::

_MG_7208

Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
Again, nothing at the moment. 

Praying for::::
Still praying for my parents as they go through this difficult time.
Praying for my granny, she just turned 91 yesterday.
Praying for myself, for everything that is currently going on in my life.

Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment:::: 



PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

8 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

So happy for you and sweater weather after the desert for so long! :D

Can't wait to see the new recipes on the food blog.

P.S. your link up isn't showing.
http://www.savorykitchentable.com/2014/10/happy-homemaker-menu-plan-monday-with.html

Conny said...

http://ordinaryhausfrau.wordpress.com/2014/10/06/hhm-1062014/

Conny said...

Ah yes, the post weekend clean up ... fun, fun!! Thankfully mine wasn't too bad - but I too am finding glasses and bowls in my kids' bedrooms (a huge no-no!!!!!). :-/

Hope you have a great week. Adding a prayer for you as I post this comment. :)

Debbie said...

Sorry to hear that you have been having a difficult time lately. Hope your week goes well.

Hugs.

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I am sorry things have been rough for you for awhile. When that happens to me I can't write, blog or even think most days. I will be praying that you will soon be through the crisis.

Some friends are reading the Outlander series but though they sound good, I'm not sure about starting them! Would I get ANYTHING done until I was finished with the WHOLE series?!!!

Enjoy your day and your week!

Kat

Liz said...

I hate Mondays! I feel like my house gets put through the ringer on the weekends and I'm left to take care of it all on Monday, so I can definitely understand your living room.

I'm praying for you and your family. I'm working on my meal plan today, so I'm headed to your food blog for some help.

Hope this week is better. Remember, God has a purpose for everything you are going through. Sending you hugs and prayers.

Liz

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that you have a great week, you sound so positive today! xx

Jen said...

Our temperature was 47 degrees this morning. I just love it!

Great minds think alike. We are having Chicken Parm this week. Well hubby and kids are.

I am praying for you. I sent you an email the other day. Did you get it?