Friday, June 12, 2015

Still here.....still waiting....


It's been forever, or so it seems.

Last time I was able to update you was right after we arrived in Texas, I wanted you all to know that I had made it in safe, and I didn't even have my belongings at the time of that post.

So, here I am, truck came and went,  belongings were unloaded and for the most part things have been set up and are where they belong.   There are but a few boxes still in the garage waiting to be cleared but I'll get to them, eventually.


The reason why there have been no updates, is simple.  We are still without internet.  Can you belive that?  The area we are in has limited options because we're out in the country, so we are going with fiber optic internet, supposedly extremely fast and way cheaper than anyone else.  Great....problem is that it is new to this area and so the waiting list is very long.  We have been told we will have it up next week Thursday, oh my word, like really?

So yeah, I can access things on my phone but it eats up my data and so I try not to overdo it.


I miss my blog though and posting daily.  I have taken some very cool pictures which I'm dying to share with you all, but will have to wait another week to do so.  My apologies!

I've been spending my days setting up our house, enjoying the fresh air, the stunning sunrises and sunsets, visiting with the in laws and cooking.  Yes cooking, something that I wasn't able to do for a while and it's wonderful to be back fixing meals for family.  Speaking of which, as soon as the internet is up, I will be getting back to my food blogging as well.

Lots to share from how I'm enjoying this area, to new things I've found around here, house pictures, upcoming events and such.  Really can not wait.

Thank you all so much for continuing to come by and leaving comments and for always checking up on me.  You are the sweetest blog readers.

Sending you all blessings and hugs,
Sandra
Xoxoxo


20 comments:

Renee said...

So good to hear from you! Glad things are going well and hope you all get internet soon!

Anonymous said...

Sandra and Family,

So happy things are going well! I definitely miss your blog, remember it's the first one I check every day-my fave! OMG! That picture of Curt and the snake literally made me put my feet up on the couch-terrified of them. My sons joke that how can you want to move to be closer to Grandma and Grandpa in Florida-you know snakes live there too-LOL! Hope Nic and Jasmine are settling in as well.
Have a lovely evening.

Laura B.
(just south of Albany, NY)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I've been missing you and your delightful blog. Hoping you weren't affected by nasty weather. Well, at least with your being without internet connection, you've been able to unpack and set up your new home. I love the country side, not crazy at all about that snake.

Looking forward to hearing about and seeing all sorts of pics when you are up and running on the internet.

FlowerLady

Nikita said...

So glad to see a post from you and you are enjoying Texas! I understand about the internet. We live out in the country as well and service stops about a mile from us so in order to get it we had to have a T1 system put in which runs us 400+ a month. But since we both work from home it was something we had to do. Do you mind my asking what service you are going with? Maybe it is possible option for where I am.

Simply Quaint said...

Sandra so happy to see your post have been checking daily to see if you posted...... Boy oh boy you are in the country, that is is great, it has its advantages and disadvantages...:). How are jasmine and Nic taking to the new move? I bet curt is glad to have everyone back under one roof as are you... Can not wait to see your home, your gardens, what new stuff you are doing, and all of your good recipes, also sounds like you have some fun stuff to share too......

Well I guess we just have to be patient, :). Until next time....

Blessings
Rhonda

Simply Quaint said...

Sandra so happy to see your post have been checking daily to see if you posted...... Boy oh boy you are in the country, that is is great, it has its advantages and disadvantages...:). How are jasmine and Nic taking to the new move? I bet curt is glad to have everyone back under one roof as are you... Can not wait to see your home, your gardens, what new stuff you are doing, and all of your good recipes, also sounds like you have some fun stuff to share too......

Well I guess we just have to be patient, :). Until next time....

Blessings
Rhonda

Sandra said...

Nikita it is with NTS, and we're getting fiber optic internet, 75mpbs speed for a little over $30 a month.

Cher said...

Welcome back!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I have missed you!

Amy at love made my home said...

It is great to hear from you! I hope that all is well and that your internet will be connected soon! Tell them that your fellow bloggers are missing you!!! xx

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

We are limited to internet here too. I like the country anyway. Glad you are settling in nicely.

Anna said...

I miss your blog, but I do enjoy your little updates on Facebook. I can't wait until you get internet and get back to your regular blogging. :-)

~Carla~ said...

Hope things settle for you soon! You are FAR braver than I, as there in NO WAY IN H*LL I'd get that close to a snake... *shudder* Iol!!

Unknown said...

Can't wait!

Connie said...

Glad to hear from you again; I missed you. You must have so many things to think about with moving, getting settled in and just getting to know your new place. Take your time and blog when you can.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you. Could have done without the critter photo - I am deathly afraid of them, eve pictures make me cringe!
Looking forward to you having internet again. Can't wait to hear how you organized your new home...hope you plan some posts on that.
Enjoy your down time!
See you soon.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I sure hope for your sake that Thursday is it with no more delays! I know you're dying to get back to your blog. 3 more days!

Jean said...

I've missed your posts! Certainly understand about the phone and the data. YIKES on the snake picture...a bit scary. Can't wait until you are officially back.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello sweet Sandra-Girl!! Missing you!!!!

So happy you're finally getting all settled and sounds like life is going well. Can't wait to see your upcoming posts and getting the update on life in Texas and especially back to Monday posts (when I miss you most). ;)

Quick prayer that you'll get your internet when they say - I want you back!! I do love getting to see your gorgeous sunsets and sunrises in insta!
Blessings to you all. xo

Carly said...

Hi Sandra,
I am new to the blogging world and came across your wonderful blog. I see that you just moved to Texas and am so jealous! We moved FROM Texas about a year and a half ago. We started out in a small town called Copperas Cove. It was a lovely town, situated close to Fort Hood, where my husband was stationed. When my husband was given orders for a PCS, we moved up to Dallas. What a culture shock that was! From a small town to a big city, I didn't know what to do with myself! We have since moved from Texas and I miss it everyday. I saw the beautiful picture of Texas you posted and couldn't help but leave a comment. I wish you lots of happiness at your new home in Texas. We are currently be relocated to Kansas and are moving in 2 weeks. I started my own blog a couple weeks ago because I want to connect to other moms with young kids and military moms. If you have some time, please visit www.journalmom.com and leave some comments! Thanks!