Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Bit of a busy week

 
Oh my friends, I'm feeling slightly frazzled and overwhelmed.

I have had so much going on this week and last, but this one especially has been a bit of a crazy ride, to be honest.   I'm just now sitting down for the day, a day that has consisted of me driving around, running errands, spending hours at the base hospital with my daughter, and then coming home to do homeschooling and laundry and fixing dinner and doing dishes etc.

I'm tired, really, it goes without saying.

I woke up around 4:30am and just couldn't get back to sleep, and then with the running around, I just seem to have wasted all my energy, so I'm quite eager for bedtime.

So tell me things, what has been going on around blogland, anything interesting in your lives, any big announcements or news?  Talk to me people, talk to me.  Hahah

Jasmine seems to have a bit of a cold going on paired with some ear issues.  Now I'm a little frustrated with her PCM at the hospital.  When the airman came in to do her vitals, he checked her ears and noticed that her right ear (which has been causing the pain) looked a little swollen on the inside.

When her PCM came in, he looked at her ears and said all's good, she's fine.  I am not a doctor, obviously, but I know that my daughter wouldn't be in pain if her ear was completely fine, so I tend to agree with the first assessment which leaves me a little unsure of this doctor she saw.  Needless to say, I think I need to switch PCM's.

Anyway, she is in bed at the moment, she hasn't been able to do much school the past 2 days which has set her behind, and as much as I hate that, I can't exactly force her when she's been fighting this cold and feeling genuinely unwell.  I'm just hoping and praying that by tomorrow she is turning the corner and we can get back on track.

Aside from that, Friday I had my mammogram, and I don't care what anyone out there says, it HURT for me and it was not something I enjoyed at all.  I was glad to do it and have it behind me, but goodness gracious, that was just not right.  It doesn't help that I've always had issues with my breasts, and I'm sorry if this is too much information, but I'm very open here on the blog and I think women issues are something that need to be discussed and brought up and given importance too.

I am supposed to get the results sometime this week, so far I haven't heard anything back from my doctor, so I'm assuming no news is good news.  Not going to lie though, it's added a bit of stress to my life as I've found myself a little on edge every time the phone rings.  I'm a wuss, what can I say.

Also, been getting ready for my family to arrive next week, they are finally making the move to Texas and will be moving in with us again just for a short while, as they get settled in here.  Curt and I are just blessed to be able to help them at this time, and yes, it will be a full house again and craziness, but a good thing.

Right, I best go check on my daughter and see if she needs anything.  Just wanted to come in and say hi and chat a little, and see how everyone is doing.

Have yourselves a wonderful night and I'll chat to you soon :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your days begin to slow down soon. Hope your baby girl begins to feel better.

Sew Very Me said...

Jasmine: hope the ear sorts itself out quickly.
Sandra: when Niquitta had constant ear infections coupled with pain, fever and generally being miserable, I used garlic ear oil. There are different brands, the one I used here in New Zealand you could warm up by holding it in your hand. It really helped and of course some ginger and lemon tea to soothe the throat and for some TLC too :)

Unknown said...

I hope you get a better nights sleep, and I hope your daughter feels better soon. I know mammograms are painful, yes I always think no news is good news. I am awaiting an ultrasound on my gallbladder it's giving me a lot of pain at the moment, I am only 36 years but feel like about 96 at the moment!, have a good weekxx

Catherine said...

Just thought I'd say hello - and the photo at the top of the post is lovely :-)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I hope Jasmine is soon all well.

Happy Valentine's week ~ FlowerLady

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that your daughter is feeling much better again very soon. Have a wonderful time with your family! xx

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Big huggles. What a rough week for you. Nothing exciting going on here but thinking about you.

Liz said...

I would recommend a new PCM for Jasmine, pronto. They don't seem to have her best interest at heart. Hopefully she's feeling better soon. As for your mammogram, sorry it was awful. I'm sure everything is fine, but I also understand the nervousness. I'm a worrier myself. Nothing too exciting going on here. Just getting ready for Rylie's birthday this weekend. I'm so excited for your family to get there next week. I know it will be another adjustment, but it will definitely be nice to have them close again. Thinking about you and sending hugs and prayers your way.

GranthamLynn said...

I know my week was busy too. I'm frazzled as well. My plans for Valentines Day Dinner not going so well. I know mamms are awful. I'm praying for great results.
Enjoy your company next week.

Judy said...

I hope Jasmine is feeling better and I pray all is well with your mammogram. Nothing new other than trying to get back into blogging again after the year I had and the big blogging break.

Mary said...

My daughter had a problem with ear infections (and bronchitis) growing up so I know how worrying they can be. I'd be ticked off as well. I say trust your gut instinct here. If that ear doesn't improve, get her seen again.. If there is an infection you don't want it getting worse and the bacteria spreading to her heart.