Monday, April 25, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/25/2016


Good Morning everyone :)

I want to start by wishing my beautiful daughter, a very happy 17th birthday. I can NOT for the life of me even wrap my brain around that number, it just can't be possible. Oh boy, I'm getting old lol

We had a birthday party for her on Saturday but I'll share some pics and talk more about it in a separate post, right now let's see what our week is looking like.

happyhomemakermonday


The weather outside is::::
Right now 60 degrees, with a high of 90 predicted for later.  We will be getting some strong thunderstorms tomorrow and Friday, but the rest of the week looks pretty clear and warm.


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Coffee for now, but as soon as my girl wakes up, I'll be making her some waffles with Vanilla Custard sauce and I'll have one of those.     



As I look outside my window:::
Beautiful sunrise, birds chirping and trees.  That is literally what I see from where I'm sitting in bed.  it's a gorgeous morning. 


Right now I am::::
Sitting in bed.  It's my morning ritual, I get up with hubby, make us some coffee and chat with him al little then he's off to work and and I sit on my bed with the laptop. 



As I look around the house::::
Needs some major cleaning after the party on Saturday and a barbecue yesterday.  I'll get to it soon as I get up though :) 



On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Did 3 loads on Friday night, but have a full basket again.  I don't get it, where does all this come from, if you saw my laundry you would assume that we change outfits 3 times a day.  Anyway, have 2 or 3 loads to do, plus Bella's bedding, plus a comforter and linens. 
Cleaning....In the kitchen, Unload the dishwasher and reload with breakfast dishes, clean the chalkboard wall, water the plants. 
In the living room....Vacuum.  Tidy up the couches, pick up all the Nerf darts and guns.  Open blinds and windows to let in some cool air.
In the bedrooms....change the bed linens, vacuum, dust.  Open blinds and windows. 
In the bathrooms....Toilets, sinks and mirrors.  Sweep and mop.
Homeschooling....kids are almost done with school, so we'll be working hard to finish. 
Cooking.....We have a lot of leftover chicken from the barbecue yesterday.  Dinner tonight is Spaghetti Bolognese.


Currently reading::::
Still getting through the same book.

 

On the TV today::::
We love sitting down as a family to watch shows, so we have a few to catch up on tonight.
Ghost Asylum
60 Days In



On the menu this week::::
Monday - Spaghetti Bolognese, Salad
Tuesday - Pork Chops and Roasted Garlic Baby Potatoes
Wednesday - Leek and Potato Soup, Sandwiches made with Homemade Bread
Thursday - Meatball Mozzarella Subs, Fries
Friday - Bangers and Mash, Broccoli
Saturday - Homemade Pizza
Sunday -Pasteis de Massa Tenra (Portuguese Meat Pastries), Rice with peas





What I am creating at the moment::::
A patchwork cover for my daughter's bird cage.

    

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
Sausage Cheddar Bites for Jasmine's birthday party.  Also made 2 different punches.  I really, really, and I mean REALLY need to get these recipes on the blog.
   

Favorite photo from the camera::::




Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::



PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

6 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

HAPPY HAPPY Birthday to Jasmine. LOL she can't be that old can she? Looks like she had a great time.

Love the advice from the tree - good things to remember. Have a great week my friend.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my gosh, it is so hard to believe Jasmine is 17. She is beautiful.

Happy Birthday wishes to her. May all her dreams come true.

Have a good week ~ FlowerLady

Dawn Marie said...

Happy birthday Jasmine! Such a beautiful young woman. Have a great week to you and your family.

GranthamLynn said...

Thanks for hosting. I enjoying beginning my week with you. I'm working now so some posts I have to do on Sunday night. Have a great week.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy Birthday to beautiful Jasmine!! Many blessings wished for you. ;)

Love your inspiration Sandra. Have a great week ahead. xoxo

Simple Joys said...

Happy Birthday Jasmine!! Beautiful young lady. I hope she has a wonderful year.

Have a lovely week Sandra.