Monday, May 02, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/02/2016

May, I can't even believe we are already in the month of May, this year is flying by.

So, happy May everyone and welcome to another Happy Homemaker Monday.  I was just thinking that this is pretty much the only feature on my blog that I've religiously kept since the beginning.  That's something to be proud of I must say, because with my hectic life I tend to start things and then forget them or not have time or whatever.  Thank you to all of you who continue to come by and post on a Monday, I wish I had more time to go visit you and see your posts too, but please know that I so appreciate it :)

I don't have anything important going on this week, other than some grocery shopping.  Do you guys have anything fun happening?



happyhomemakermonday


The weather outside is::::
Cloud at the moment.  We had some rain last night but it looks to be clear the rest of the week. The temperatures however don't seem to be as hot as last week. 


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Just had a cup of coffee, haven't yet eaten anything and I'm not sure what I'll have anyway.  I've overdone it a bit the past few days and I am feeling like I need a bit of a break from the over eating. 


As I look outside my window:::
Sun is trying to peek from behind the clouds.  My trees in the backyard are all green, the grass is really green too and it looks so peaceful and pretty out there. 


Right now I am::::
Sitting in bed, as is typical for this time of the morning.  I was just sitting here looking at the dreadful state of my nails.  I painted them yesterday afternoon but for some reason I woke up this morning and they look horrid, full of lines and marks and whatnot.  Ugh!!!  


As I look around the house::::
It needs it's usual Monday cleanup after the weekend.  I also need to get my carpet cleaned.  Last week my washer hose broke and it flooded the kitchen and into the living room.  It didn't go too far into the carpet but the bit that did was soaked so bad that no matter how much I've tried to get it clean, it still looks bad.  I'm worried that a bit of mold may be forming and so I'm going to attack it with vinegar and see what I can do about it. 


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Already have another 2 loads to wash.  Seriously???  Come on, I need a break from laundry. 
Cleaning....In the kitchen, Unload the dishwasher and reload with breakfast dishes, clean the chalkboard wall, water the plants. 
In the living room....Vacuum.  Tidy up the couches, pick up all the Nerf darts and guns.  Open blinds and windows to let in some cool air.
In the bedrooms....change the bed linens, vacuum, dust.  Open blinds and windows. 
In the bathrooms....Toilets, sinks and mirrors.  Sweep and mop.
Homeschooling....working on finishing up school for the year.   
Cooking.....Making some Portuguese Meat Pastries for dinner.  .


Currently reading::::
I put the book aside and am no currently reading anything.  I do have quite a few review books incoming so I'm looking forward to those.


On the TV today::::
Ghost Asylum tonight
I'm trying to catch up on Game of Thrones, can you believe I only watched the first season?  I'm terrible.
Also want to catch up on Wolf Hall and the Hollow Crown series before the new one comes out.


On the menu this week::::
Working on the new menu today so I only have meals until Wednesday night.

Monday - Portuguese Meat Pastries, Potatoes, Veggies
Tuesday - Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken, Rice
Wednesday - Homemade Pizza
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -


What I am creating at the moment::::
Haven't yet started the bird cage cover, but really need to get on with it, it's just hard to get things done when I have so much going on around here.
Started a new crochet blanket this morning, I'm really missing my crochet.


New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
I got two new recipes up on my food blog.  I know, shocking.  But go on over and check out the recipes for Belgian Waffles and Pepperoni Rolls.


Favorite photo from the camera::::

April 28, 2016


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::

Inspirational Quote 2


PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

7 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I LOVE your herb picture! That's what I need to get started myself is a herb garden. I love that we have a clear week ahead that looks like it will also be a bit cooler. YAY! Have a great week.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy Monday Sandra!!

Thanks so much for always hosting this. It's such a fun feature and I love linking up to it and reading other folks plans for the week etc.

I'm so excited you're back to posting recipes! I'll need to check them out.

Blessings on your week Sweetie. xoxo

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love the jar of herbs. Nothing special going on for us this week. Having our every two week outing tomorrow.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I missed out joining, but had a very progressive Monday here. Looks like you did too. Have a great week!

Lulu said...

what happened to your grocery hauls, used to love seeing them..

Sherry Jolly said...

I can't believe Jasmine is 17. Wow. I still think of your kids as the littles they were when we first "met"! I keep forgetting Emme is 16 too! I think she will just perpetually stay 12 in my mind!

Happy Mother's Day! :)

Sherry

http://bygloryalone.blogspot.com/2016/05/happy-homemaker-monday-may-2nd-2016.html

GranthamLynn said...

Hope your week went well. Happy Mothers Day.