Monday, June 27, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/27/2016

Good morning everyone, hope you've had a great weekend.

Mine was pretty good, we had an impromptu barbecue, watched the soccer on TV, then watched a couple of movies.  Yesterday I decided to do just a "eat whatever you find" kind of day.  I have so many leftovers sitting in the fridge and to be honest, I like to have at least one day a week where I don't have to worry about cooking.

Today my brother starts his first day of work, I'm so excited for him.  He's been waiting since February to find a job and nothing was coming through, but this one that showed up is exactly what he likes doing and I honestly feel that God had it waiting for him.  Thank you to all who have kept him in your prayers, it's very much appreciated :)

Alright let's get started with our Happy Homemaker Monday.




The Weather:::
72 at the moment and partly cloudy.  We are supposed to get rain later this afternoon and I have to tell you, I'm actually looking forward to it, but I do need to get my laundry all done and line dried before that happens.  Some more rain tomorrow and then a clear hot week ahead. 


On my reading pile:::
My summer reading list is HUGE, and I'm quite enjoying all the different genres.  I usually stick to a particular genre but this time I decided to get a little of everything and try some new ones.  If you're interested in what I've been reading, you can check out my book reviews from the past week.  I also have quite a few others coming up, so be sure to check back for that. 



On my tv:::
Portuguese Soaps
General Hospital
Finished the new season of Orange is the New Black.  (I hate when I binge watch and then get left with nothing for another year, so frustrating)
Thinking I need to catch up on Game of Thrones, I only watched the first season hahaha


On the menu for this week:::
I'm only cooking until Thursday, Jasmine has her therapy on Thursday at 5pm, and we need to run some errands after that, so we'll grab something to eat while out.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday we will be away at some cabins at a lake in Oklahoma, with family, so I won't be cooking anything, it will just be my brother and sister in law at home and they'll figure something out for themselves.

Monday -  Slow Cooker Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce, Rice, Homemade Naan
Tuesday -  Ham and Cheese Ring, Veggies
Wednesday - Old Fashioned Goulash, Garlic Bread
Thursday - (Jasmine's therapy so will be out at dinner time, will grab something quick)
Friday
Saturday -


On my to do list:::
Laundry - 2 loads of laundry to do, hoping to get it all done and dried before the rain comes in.  If I have time I may be able to throw in the bed linens too, if not I'll wait until Wednesday because we are expecting rain tomorrow. 
Usual housecleaning


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I'm determined to pull out my sewing machine today.  I am going to make myself some summer rompers, I bought one at Rue 21 and am in love with it, but what bugs me is that they make these rompers so short.  Luckily I'm fit and tanned and it looks great, but I would rather have something a little longer. 
Also, need to make some crochet little owls for a friend who has requested some for her daughter. 


Looking around the house:::
It's super quiet, hubby, brother and sister in law are all off to work.  Kids are enjoying summer break and have been staying up until all hours of the morning, so my 2 and my nephew will surely be sleeping until around noon, at least. 


From the camera:::
Pickled Fish....usually eat it for Easter but it's such a favorite around here that we've been enjoying it at all times of the year.  I'll be sharing the recipe today.  



On my prayer list:::
**My grandmother.  Nothing has changed, my father is now looking into placing her in a nursing home with frail care.  It's so frustrating with all the red tape and just......I don't know.  I'm frustrated and sad. 


Something that inspires or brings a smile to your face:::


11 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to see your brother got a job! Congrats to him! I kinda wish I had a huge reading list too but no time for reading which I hate! But do have my devotions! I'm sorry about your grandmother and I continue praying for piece and strength for your family. Happy Monday and have a great week!

Unknown said...

So excited for the owls :) Thanks again so much!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Good morning dear friend. I am so very happy for your brother! Your week sounds busy but good. Huggles,

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy Monday Sweetie!

Thank the Lord for prayers answered for your Bro! ;)

Continued prayers for your Gram - my heart breaks for you and your family dear Friend. That stuff is so gut wrenching and so difficult. Give it up to Him whom you know is always there to lift you during such trying times. xoxo

Wishing you a beautiful (and not too hot) week ahead.
PS: You need to watch Game of Thrones! A bit brutal often - but SO well done!

Liz said...

Good morning..er.. afternoon now. I continue to pray for your family and grandmother. My husband and I are Game of Thrones obsessed. You should definitely watch it. I finished Orange is the New Black this morning, and it really bummed me out. I hate that we have to wait a year now for more.

Have a good week.

Monique G. said...

Congratulations to your brother on his new job! Hope you have a wonderful week.

Row. said...

Congrats to your Brother!

Ashley said...

Can we get your recipes for curry? :)

Debbie said...

I'm so happy to hear that your brother-in-law has started a job that he will be happy at. Please pass on my congratulations to him. I hope you have a fantastic week Sandra.

Jean said...

Congrats to your brother on his new job! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My kids have been staying up late and sleeping in late as well. It's fun when I can do it with them, not so fun on weeks where I have to get up super early to go to work. Hope you have a great week!

Carol said...

If you liked OITNB give Wentworth a shot. It's an Australian drama on Netflix. Similar to OITNB, but I think it's better!