Monday, August 29, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/29/2016

Good morning everyone, how was your weekend?

Mine was quite busy.  On Saturday we helped my brother and his family move to their new house, I'm so excited for them, after 6 months of living with us they finally have their own place and feel like they are back on track :)

Yesterday I spent the day getting my house back to normal, as with anytime we have family staying for a long period, I have to shift things around to make room.

You know it's strange, I'm happy to have my house back to myself, but I miss them and it feels so strange being just us 4 again.  Change is always a bit difficult at first.

Anyway, let's see what is happening the rest of the week.



On the weather front:::
We've had so much rain lately which is wonderful but the mosquitoes are out in force.  I have been kind of hoping the rain would stop but it looks like we have more on the way.  It's 70 degrees right now and it's only 7am....goodness.  Rest of the week seems like more rain with some sunny days in between.

On my bedside table:::
Cup of coffee
TV remote
Devotionals
Allergy medicine
Kleenex

On my TV:::
I'm watching Paranormal Witness while I type up this post.  I'm trying to clear out my DVR list and I'm quite excited because I've been on a Hallmark Movie binge this past weekend and have recorded a ton of movies.  After I'm done with this episode of Paranormal Witness, I have the Mystery Woman movies to watch.  Can't wait.

Thinking and pondering::::
Running a mental list of what I have to do today which is quite a bit. 

Listening to::::
The TV.


Favorite Youtube Video last week:::
My favorite channel on Youtube is Foolyliving.  Andrea is an American married to Hadar who is Israeli.  She moved to Israel about 5 years ago and together they have a 3 year old boy called Rafael, and just a few weeks ago Andrea gave birth to their little girl Abigail.  I just love this family and really enjoy watching their vlogs and seeing Israel and how things are done there. 


On the menu for this week:::
I'm back cooking for just us 4 and it's going to be an adjustment yet again, after cooking for 8 for the past couple months.  I am looking forward to it though, it's much easier to try out new recipes as well when it's not as many people.

Monday - Chicken Egg Rolls, Sesame Noodles
Tuesday - Teriyaki Steak, Rice
Wednesday - Zucchini and Maple Sausage Pie
Thursday - Slow Cooked Sticky Chicken, Basmati Rice
Friday - Portuguese Pork Chops, Potatoes
Saturday - Out of town
Sunday - Monterey Chicken, Mashed Potatoes


On my To Do List:::
Schooling with the kids
Kitchen....unload dishwasher and reload with breakfast dishes. Sweep, mop.
Bedrooms....make beds, open curtains and blinds, open windows, tidy up.
Bathrooms....clean toilets and sinks.
Laundry....one load of washing to do, one quilt, Jasmine's laundry
Carpet clean
Bake Orange and Lemon Bars


Looking forward to:::
Seeing family this weekend.   


What I plan on doing for myself this week:::
I'm feeling the crochet itch again and I want to remake some of my blankets that I sold back in Idaho.


Favorite photo:::
This is an old photo, from many years ago when I did a giveaway for Lucky Leaf Pie Fillings.  I recently ran across it while looking through my food blog, and think it's such a pretty picture that I had to share.



Lesson learned the past few days:::
That even if I don't think I'm old, I feel it LOL
We helped my brother move this Saturday and I'm still feeling it today, mostly on my feet but it's probably because I wore very flat flip flops which at the time seemed like a great idea, they were comfortable, but boy do my feet hurt now. 


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:::
 

10 comments:

Jean said...

You're right change really is always hard at first. That pie looks so yummy! I found a jar of soon to expire blueberry pie filling in our pantry mess so I guess I'll be making a blueberry pie soon, doubt it will look as lovely as your photo though. Hope you have a wonderful week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So happy things have worked out for your brother's family and you can get back to your own family routine. Your menu sounds so yummy this week! And I love the pic of the pie - will be fun to have you hopefully trying more new recipes and sharing with us! Lol ;)

I love to see projects you get working on - so hope the crochet bug will work out and you'll be back on to new fun there. And I love the Hallmark movies too!!!!

Love your inspiration - so true! Blessings. xoxo

threesidesofcrazy said...

Congratulations to your brother - that must feel wonderful for them to have their own place, but boy it is a lot of work for all of you to adjust.

I absolutely adore that pie picture and your inspiration is SPOT ON!

Have a great week.

Schotzy said...

What a beautiful pie.... makes me long for cooler days to dp a bit of baking!

Mother Em said...

9/29/16 ...you've lost a whole month, girlie.

Mother Em said...

"9/29/16" !!! you've lost the whole month of September, girlie.

Mother Em said...

"9/29/16" .... oops, you've lost the whole month of September, girlie!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Good morning my friend! I am so happy that a home was found at last for your loved ones. It is always an adjustment after so much time together. We have little dibs and dabs of rain so thankful for that. Enjoy your week!

Mother Em said...

Sorry my comment came through multiple times! It didn't appear to be accepted, so excuse the mistake. I used to have your email address, but with new computer, it was lost or I would have written. Enjoy your family updates and hope all has settled into "your" family time.

Row. said...

Happy for your brother! and that pie looks amazing! Have a good week.