Monday, October 24, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/24/2016

Good morning friends, hope you've had a great weekend.  I can't believe it's Monday again, but then again with hubby being laid off, it doesn't really matter to us because week days or weekends all seem the same.

I do miss a normal routine and a schedule, so I'm starting to feel a little frazzled, but it's ok, it will be fine and I'm sure very soon he will be back to work.

Well, let's see what we have going on this week shall we?



The weather outside is::::
The temperatures have finally dropped.  Mornings are crisp, evenings are cool and I'm loving the temps right now.  Still going to be in the upper 80's this week though.


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Just coffee for now, not sure if I want anything to eat quite yet.


As I look outside my window:::
Fall is really here, my trees in the back yard are changing into gorgeous yellows, reds and oranges.
 



Right now I am::::
Trying to get this post up while watching a puppy, which is a struggle, good grief, I had forgotten how naughty and what a handful they are.


As I look around the house::::
Need to do some major cleaning, I don't know what it is about the weekends, but the house always looks like a tornado swept through.


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Wash the bathroom rugs.
Kitchen....Empty dishwasher, reload with breakfast dishes.  Clean counters, sweep and mop floor.
Homeschooling....work on school with kids and getting them caught up.  It's never ending, I feel like we just can't get ahead.


Happening this week::::
Monday.....Give house a good cleaning
Tuesday....Carpet clean
Wednesday....Clean back yard


Currently reading::::
Not sure yet, need to see what the next review book is and dig into that one.


On the TV today::::
Supernatural from last week with hubby.
Vlogs
General Hospital


On the menu this week::::
Monday - Shepherd's Pie, Salad
Tuesday - Crockpot Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks
Wednesday - Spaghetti, Garlic Bread
Thursday - Ranch Chicken Thighs, Mash, Salad
Friday - Beef Stroganoff with Egg Noodles
Saturday - Amish Chicken Pot Pie
Sunday - Indian Fry Bread Tacos, Refried Beans with Bacon and Green Chilies


What I am creating at the moment::::
Almost finished with the puppy's blanket.  Also made a crochet cable hat, and am making a crochet Cthulhu that my daughter requested for her boyfriend.  Just finished the owls I need to send to my friend Cheri too.


New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
The Crockpot Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks is a new recipe, and so are the Indian Fry Bread Tacos.


Favorite photo from the camera::::



Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::


PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!


4 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh the cuteness of your puppy goes straight to my heart!! Continuing prayers for your Hubby's job and for you all. Thanks for always being a wonderful Monday hostess Sandra! Love this time to check in with you. Love seeing you back to cooking and food blog too!

Have a blessed week ahead. xoxo

Monica said...

Praying hubby goes back to work soon. I understand the routine being messed up. We're in Central Missouri and I believe our 80 degree days are past us for the year. Hope your week goes as planned and is a wonderful fall week! :)

Jean said...

The weekends always seem to go so fast, glad I'm not the only one who finds the house always seems a great mess after the weekends. I'll be interested to hear how the fry bread tacos turn out, they sound yummy. Hope you have a great week!

Monica said...

I'm going to join you next week. I really like your post because it is more "real" feeling. IF that makes any since at all. I work outside the home and my children are almost all grown. We did not home school but I always had the desire to. So instead we stayed very involved in their education and hubby serves on the school board. He can head off things like common core. :(
Looking forward to next week!