Monday, October 17, 2016

New member in the family

Marley

Well ladies, I want you to say hello to the newest member of our household.

This is Marley!!!

After losing Lola almost 3 months ago, my heart has been so sore and so sad.  For the longest time I told my husband and kids, that I didn't think I would ever be able to have another pet.  I was certain of it, I wanted nothing to do with it.

It's like I felt that I would be betraying my Lola, that she wouldn't understand and be upset.  I know it's ridiculous to think about, but it honestly was the kind of thoughts that swirled in my head.

Over the past 2 or 3 weeks, I have found myself missing having a pet.  I wanted one to sleep with me, I wanted to be able to pick him up and hug him and kiss him and play and feel that joy again.

On Wednesday of last week, my husband said to me "you know if you want another pet, get one".

One thing I knew I wanted was a puppy.  I'm weird like that.  I mean I wouldn't mind giving an older dog a home, after all our Bella was already 5 years old when we rescued her, but I just wanted a puppy to raise from little with us.  To be able to get him used to our house and the way we do things, where with an older one they already have a certain way of doing things and you don't know what they've been through or what homes they were brought into.

Anyway, we headed to the Humane Society and at first we were told that they had Chihuaha puppies and I thought, that's it, that's what I want.

I had seen the puppies, I had picked one out and then they told us they had some puppies that were a little older and did we want to see them.  We said yes, just for the heck of it.

Marley

And that is when I saw him.

He has the sweetest nature and quite a shy personality.  I knew that was it, I didn't want the Chihuaha anymore, this little boy was mine.

His momma is a Labrador and they're not sure on the dad, but they think Australian Shepherd. He is 5 weeks old, and I'm just so glad we were able to rescue him.

That means, he is not going to be a little lap dog which I've always had.  He is going to be medium sized and they estimate between 35 and 55 pounds.  Goodness!!!

But I love him, and in just a little less than a week, he has captured mine and everyone else's hearts.

Marley

I'm not going to lie, on the drive home I felt teary eyed. It made me miss my girl Lola even more and I had a bit of a panic moment where I thought "Oh I hope she doesn't hate me for this, I'm not trying to replace her".

I'm sure she doesn't, and I'm equally sure that I have enough love to give this little fella without ever taking away from the love and the bond I shared with Lola.

I did, however, forget what I handful puppies are. But he's actually not that bad and as the days have gone by, he's become more accustomed to us, he feels safe, he feels at home and he's calmed down a bit and takes a lot more naps.

Thank goodness, cause I am way too old for a baby in the house hahaha

Anyway, I wanted to introduce you all to Marley, and if any of you have one just like him or know exactly how big he will get, I would love to hear about it or see pics :)

Marley

12 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Marley is soo adorable! I don't blame you one bit! I'm sure Lola would understand... xox

Lulu said...

he is so sweet..

Jean said...

Aw, congrats on your new puppy! Such a cutie.

Mary said...

Oh he is so sweet! I think this is a very good thing & I believe Lola is happy for you all.

Simply Quaint said...

😍 oh Sandra I'm in love, he is such a cutie.........that is a wonderful addition to bring to your home......may I ask, do you still have Bella? If so how does she feel......I know Lola would be happy that you didn't ever replace her, you just filled a empty spot in your heart and home......

Blessings
Rhonda

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you. He is just adorable and what a blessed little puppy to have a wonderful loving new family! There is nothing like the love of a dog!!

Primitive Stars said...

OMG, I love the new addition to your household, so cute!!!!! Francine.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

He is just so darn adorable Sandra!! I think Lola would be happy you're filling your heart back up again. Puppies are a handful (my Mom is still going through puppy time right now) - but SO worth it!! ;)

Blessings to all. xoxo

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh my golly he is so darn cute. If he is mostly Australian Shepherd, he will be a medium size doggie.

Alice said...

Where is Bella?

Dawn Marie said...

Oh goodness so cute! Congratulations and best of luck. I miss having a dog. We had to put ours down 6 years ago and ever since I have longed for another dog but my husband says not now. I've had dogs since I was 4 so not having one definitely gives an empty feeling in my heart. He's so precious.

Susanne said...

Cuuuuute! Congrats on your new furbaby! We thought we'd never get another dog after our Sam passed away but then we missed having one around and I'm so glad we got another. He's brought us so much joy and companionship.