Sunday, January 15, 2017

Stir It Up Holiday Blogger Mixology Challenge


If you know me, even just a little, you will know that I enjoy a good drink.  I'm especially fond of Moscato wine or anything fruity like Sangria, but a good rum, whiskey or brandy surely hit the spot too.  Let's not even talk about cocktails and margaritas, martinis etc.

I wouldn't say I'm a huge drinker, but I definitely enjoy a GOOD drink.

Stirrings sent me a sample of their Simple Lemon Drop Martini Mix, Simple Pomegranate Martini mix and their Lemon Drop Rimmer and Cosmopolitan Rimmer.

The gist for this year's STIRRINGS STIR IT UP HOLIDAY BLOGGER MIXOLOGY CHALLENGE, was to create some cocktails using the products enclosed.  I thought it would be easy at first, or maybe it's my taste that's weird, but I had a bit of a hard time coming up with combos that I enjoyed, and hubby didn't much care for them either.

If you're not familiar with Stirrings® cocktail mixers, head on over to their website and check out the amazing products available.  Everything you need to turn even the simplest of people like me, into sort of cool bartenders.  Or at least have a lot of fun with it.  

Also, if you want to go out and buy the products yourself, check out the Stirrings Store Locator, to find your local supplier of Stirrings.

What ended up happening is that I decided to go with what I usually enjoy the most, which are flavored fruity wines, and BINGO.  Perfect cocktails right there.

Stirrings Mixers

After a few tries, this is what the end results were, and they were quite tasty too.

Pomegranate, Blackberry and Blueberry Cocktail

3 ounces Pomegranate Martini Mix
Blackberry Wine
Frozen Blueberries
Ice
Cosmopolitan Rimmer

Rim a glass with the Cosmopolitan Rimmer.  Fill the glass half full with the blackberry wine, pour in the 3 ounces of Pomegranate Martini Mix.  Top with crushed ice and a few frozen blueberries.

Stirrings Mixers

Stirrings Mixers

Stirrings Mixers


Lemon, Mango and Strawberry Cocktail

3 ounces Lemon Drop Martini Mix
Mango, Strawberry wine
Lemon Drop Rimmer
Crushed Ice
Sliced of lemon and slice of orange for garnish

Rim the glass with the Lemon Drop Rimmer.  Fill the glass half full with the Mango and Strawberry wine, pour in the 3 ounces of Lemon Drop Martini Mix, top with crushed ice, and finish off with a slice of lemon and a slice of orange.

So yummy!!!

Stirrings Mixers

This one was our favorite, the taste combinations are amazing.  Mango, Strawberry, lemon all combined in one yummy chilled cocktail. 

Stirrings Mixers

Check out Stirrings on social media for great inspiration for your next cocktail party.


And if you're wondering what other bloggers are coming up with, check out the hashtag  #STIRRINGSMIXOLOGYCONTEST.


No comments: