Tuesday, March 28, 2017

{ Sweet Blessings }

Well hi everyone :)

It's just gone 7pm here in Texas.  We are under a severe weather/Tornado watch, so it's rainy, cloudy and just weird outside.  We're expecting the worst part of it later this evening, which I don't like because it's when we're asleep, but I'll have my phone on and charged and will be able to get notifications from the weather app.

I was just thinking earlier though that it's one of the things I most miss about Arizona.  Not having to do the whole daylight savings thing or worrying about tornadoes  Hahah

So, I've been busy with house stuff the past few days.

I had every intention of starting my spring cleaning today, but for that to happen, I want to be wash all the windows, open the windows and curtains all the way and carpet clean and all that fun stuff.  It doesn't help when the weather is overcast and rainy, so I had to put that chore aside until tomorrow.

I spent the day working on computer stuff, schooling with the kids, and crocheting on my Mandala Madness.

March 28, 2017

But the reason I wanted to come in and share is because of some blessings that have unexpectedly come our way.

It's no secret that things have been kind of difficult for our family the past few weeks.  The stress has been real people, like overwhelming at times.

 So when we receive blessings in the middle of all the chaos, it's a welcome reprieve and it completely shifts our moods.

My husband handed me a box from the mail.  I had no clue what was in it, I wasn't expecting anything, nor had a I bought anything.  The minute I opened it I knew immediately who it was from, my sweet friend Rhonda.

I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly kind and thoughtful she is.  You all probably know her too here from my blog, and it's not the first time she's blessed me with some of her amazing work.

I needed this little blessing, I actually started crying when I saw what she had so kindly sent me.

March 28, 2017

March 28, 2017

March 28, 2017

March 28, 2017

How amazing are those? My word, she is one talented lady. Thank you again Rhonda, you are a blessing :)

March 28, 2017

March 28, 2017

So I wanted show you what happened to the Hygge Shawl CAL I was doing.  I still plan on making another one, or rather, the full one, but I've realized that I am not good with these pattern follow alongs when I have to wait a week between each release.  It tends to unmotivate me and make me lose interest quickly.

Also, I was running out of white yarn and that's the yarn I am needing on my Mandala Madness, so I decided to scrap the project for now.

I didn't want to just leave it as it was and so the only way I could think of making use of it in it's current state, was to turn it into a pillow.

I'm so happy with the way it looks, it's beautiful :)

March 28, 2017

I know this post may seem all over the place, and I apologize for that, but I have a few things on my mind that I wanted to share with you all.

Like my absolute favorite dish soap. Actually I really love the Mrs. Meyers cleaning products, and usually go for the Lavender and Peppermint scented, but when I saw this one at the commissary last week, I had to grab it.  It says Limited Edition Scent, but I'm hoping and hoping really hard that they keep it around, because OH MY GOODNESS, it smells amazing.

March 28, 2017

I've also started making some Easter decorations.  Just some simple white eggs and a little embroidered flower.  What do you think?  Cause I think they turned out so adorable :)

And finally, this Mister here.  He has stolen my heart.  He is almost 7 months old and weighs almost 60 pounds LOL  He is huge, but not a single mean bone in his body.  Cutest, sweetest, meekest, gentlest, baby ever.

March 28, 2017

March 28, 2017

We also have another blessing, but I'm not going to tell you about it yet, I'll wait until Saturday to show you.  Let me just say that it's one of the biggest blessings we've had and it means the absolute world to us, especially my husband.

Well friends, I need to get off here, the lightning and thunder are now in full splendor and Marley is terrified.  I am hoping for some good rain but no tornadoes.  Please keep everyone in the areas affected in your prayers, and if you're in the same path of the storms as we are, please stay safe.

God Bless,
Sandra
xoxoxo

4 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I am so thankful for those blessings dear friend. I sure have been praying for you and thinking of you often.

Simply Quaint said...

Sandra you're a blessing....so thankful you heart is happy again....life brings lots of struggles but we can conquer with loving family, friends and of course believing.......your quilt is wonderful...your crocheting is amazing.....those eggs are adorable too...and fore most your pillow, wonderful idea.....Mr. Marley is a sweet heart, you can see it in his face......and a surprise this Saturday, oh boy, I can't wait to see.....

Have a wonderful day...stay safe with that nasty weather...sending you many prayers.......thinking of you.....

Hugs
Rhonda

Shellie Almond said...

Ohhh my Tornados are so scary and I could not imagine how your family feels when the warnings come across the screen! I will be praying for you! Thank you for sharing your amazing gifts she is very talented ! I must say so are you ! I love to sew but I can not knit or crochet at all! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.... I know all to well what your past couple of weeks has been! Hope you have a blessed week !

Jodi said...

Love your mandala! And what sweet friend mail!! The pillow is cute as well...doing CAL usually don't motivate me either... I usually wait until they are all finished the go and make the item... waiting is not my forte! Those pics of the pup are adorable!!