Monday, April 03, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/03/2017 }

Good morning friends, hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for the week ahead.

I had a good weekend, albeit busy and I feel like I didn't really get to relax and take it easy, guess I have to wait until next weekend for that :)

So let's see what's going on in our Happy Homemaker Monday shall we? 



The weather:::
Insane.  We had horrible weather and dangerous storms, tornado watches etc. since last week Friday.  It got pretty bad on Saturday as we drove back from Moore Oklahoma.  The rest of the week is looking good though, no rain just some wind, which by the way is KILLING my allergies, oh my word, but we'll be in the upper 70s and 80s.


On my reading pile:::
Umm....well......you see.......maybe I should just remove this category for now.  I am still on the same book.  It's frustrating because I used to be such an avid reader, always had a book by my side and now it's this....terrible.  But, I do have state testing this week, so I think I'm going to pack my book and take it with me while I wait for the kids to test. 


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Didn't watch any movies, we weren't home much of the weekend.  The one thing I did manage to watch was the new documentary that came out on Charles Manson.  Truth and Lies:  The Family Manson.  It was quite interesting!!!


On my TV:::
General Hospital
Dr Phil (if it's a new one)
Started Black Mirror, but I don't know, it's a very strange show so I'm not sure I'll keep going.  Curt loves it though.  Weird that man hahah


On the menu for this week:::

Monday 20th
Beef Curry with Basmati Rice
Tuesday 21st
Baked Salmon and Garlic Potatoes  
Wednesday 22nd
Mongolian Beef with Rice
Thursday 23rd
Sausage Manicotti, Cast Iron Foccacia
Friday 3rd
Fried Chicken with Milk Gravy, Mash 
Saturday 4th
Hamburger Noodle Bake, Green Beans
Sunday 5th
Celebrating Nick's 14th Birthday - Barbecue with family


On my to do list:::
Monday - Bake Victoria Sponge Cakes for hubby's work, finish laundry, clean and vacuum my car
Tuesday - Out for State Testing
Wednesday - Spring Clean Living Room and Den
Thursday - Out for State Testing
Friday - Shopping for Birthday Party food.
Saturday - Make Nick's Birthday cake


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Remember how I said I really don't like Crochet Alongs?  Well I really really really don't.  But here's the thing, I love It's all in a Nutshell from Esther.  She has helped me so much with my crocheting on the big projects, if it weren't for her I think I would still be trying to get finished with my Sophie's Universe.
Esther has been planning a CAL for over a year, and she's finally released it last week.  The thing about this one though is that we'll be making 3 squares at a time, which will keep me busy in between releases.  So I'm working on that now....Nuts About Squares Blanket.

Here's the first square, right before I added the last two rows in grey.  I'll take more pictures later.

 


Looking around the house:::

Just the usual pick up.  Kids leave dishes all over the living rooms, Marley leaves his toys all over the living rooms too.  I need to vacuum, open windows and fluff couch pillows etc.  Also have to do dishes in the kitchen, but other than that, it's a clean house.


From the camera:::
Remember last week I told you about a second blessing for us?  Well here's a peek, and yes I'll be back after this post with another post all about it :)  





What I'm wearing today:::
As usually, still in pj's at this time, but right after this post I'm going to get dressed.  I have a busy day of baking and cleaning so throwing on some comfy shorts and a top, and some flip flops. 


One of my simple pleasures:::
Making homemade things, whether in the kitchen, or a cleaning product or a craft for the home.  Just love being able to say that I made it myself :)


Bible verse, Devotional::: 



10 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Your crocheting skills are amazing, Sandra! That's such a beautiful square. Looks like a delicious week of recipes!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Can't wait to hear about the second blessing story. Beautiful crochet project - love the colors! We were in that same band of storms this weekend and it was pretty scary at times, thankful nothing much really happened. Have a great week my friend.

Jodi said...

Oh..wow... I love that square..I may have to check out that CAL! What a wonderful sneak peak at your newest blessing!! Hope you have an amazing week!!

Row. said...

What scary weather. I am right there with you on the reading pile, but I actually finally finished one book yesterday. Thanks to a little help with two chapters on audio. Once it gets good and I'm into it I read them in no time at all its just getting past the first few chapters. your first square is beautiful! It looks so fancy, I have a long ways to go as I am not even happy with a normal granny square lol. Congratulations on the truck! Hope you have a great week.

Sherry Jolly said...

It took me 2 months to finish "Homegoing". It was a great book, but I just wasn't reading for awhile. I've since picked up the pace a bit - but the past few books I've read have been very simple mail-order bride books. Sometimes there is just too much going on in your brain!

Attempting To Be A Super Mom said...

What a beautiful square! I can't wait to hear about your second blessing. I'm super excited for that news. I understand about not reading much lately. I've personally been going through multiple books a week, but I think it goes in waves. Also, you've been pretty busy lately. Maybe soon, when your life slows down a little you'll be able to jump back in to your books. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Jean said...

Glad you were safe during all the scary weather! A friend had suggested Black Mirror to me with a caveat to skip certain episodes because they were too disturbing (I'm sorry I don't remember which ones she said to skip). I quit watching though because I found the series too weird even for me (which is saying something, LOL!). Congrats on the new truck! Hope you have a wonderful week.

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday to Nick on Sunday!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sounds like it was a busy weekend -and now a busy week ahead too! Glad everyone was okay through that weather!!
Love that crochet and sounds like it'd be so fun to do it that way...following along with others and working on the next parts that way.

And big bday plans this weekend! Happy early bday to Nick. ;) Sounds like a fun weekend ahead too.

Excited to see the news about your other blessing! Have a great week Hon! xoxo

Stacy said...

I love your linky party! And I always absolutely love your pictures, they are so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing and hosting! I hope you have an amazing week!