Wednesday, May 03, 2017

{ She is driving, and I held my breath the whole way }

May 3, 2017

Like no joke, seriously friends.  I didn't realize I was holding my breath until she stopped the car.


Ok let me backtrack a bit, remember last year Jasmine went for her learner's permit?  She was all eager to drive and stuff, then she held onto the permit for the past 6 months and only drove a little here and there because she was scared.

The past few days she has decided that she's now 18 and needs to get her license and wants to drive, so she's been asking if she can do the driving.


Now I don't know about you all, but this stuff scares the bejeebers out of me.  There's nothing like being in a car and knowing that the driver is not experience and they could do something to seriously hurt you both.  Like how do all parents do this?  I just want to snap my fingers and hand her a driver's license and know that she's a good driver, without having to go through all this LOL

May 3, 2017

Anyway, I started the day with some exercising. I did Zumba yesterday and today I did Lucy's Hiit Workouts which are only 4 minutes long but intense and designed to work every single muscle in your body. I feel it, I'm sure I worked the muscles it was intended for plus many others I had NO clue even existed.  I also always follow my workouts with a smoothie, today was blueberries, a banana, mixed strawberries and mango, coconut water, milk and peanut butter.  So yummy!

I'm hurting, my legs are killing me, it hurts to walk up or down stairs and sitting is a feat in itself. BUT....and here's the best part, it feels amazing. I always feel so good when I'm exercising and working towards being healthy.

May 3, 2017

I got the dishes taken care of.  I'll be completely honest, there are nights that I don't get to the dinner dishes right after we eat, I'm tired, I'm ready to relax or the dishwasher is full and I don't have the energy to unload it.  Most nights I do, but some nights, I fill the sink with soapy water and let the dishes soak overnight, then tackle them in the morning.

May 3, 2017

Curt comes home for lunch every day, and most of the time he will grab leftovers, or pop in some burritos, and then other days he has these french bread pizzas.  So on those days, I get them started for him because they do take a bit longer to prepare.

May 3, 2017

I've been loving stepping outside in the afternoon to enjoy the warm weather, especially now that I have the table and umbrella set up.

Marley usually lays at my feet and naps and I either sit and enjoy the warmth, or I read, which I've been doing the past 2 days.

May 3, 2017

I'm more than halfway done with this book and I have to tell you, I'm really enjoying it.  I have a review coming up next week, but I can tell you that if Psychology and the way our brains work, interests you, you will enjoy this read.

May 3, 2017

I've pushed right on with my Mandala Madness.  I finished Part 10 last night and started on Part 11 this morning, though have only made it about halfway through the first round and had to set it aside to take care of chores, schooling, bills etc.

May 3, 2017

I will say that that the last part drove me a little bonkers, it was time consuming, it was a bit of complicated stitches with constant color changing and I had to count and recount stitches to make sure I was staying on track.  I would have hated to pull even one round apart.

This project started off pretty quick but as it's gotten bigger, the rounds take quite a while to work through, but I'm still loving it and can't wait to get it finished.  I still have 7 more Parts to go, oh my goodness.

It's been a good quiet day for the most part, just the usual daily activities and a doctor's appointment.

I do hope you enjoyed seeing a few bits of my day.  Now I'm going to sit for a bit and watch last night's Victorian Slum House episode.  If you missed it and like period dramas, especially the reality ones like 1900's House, Frontier House, 1940's House etc.....be sure to check your local PBS station.


And here's the trailer.




I didn't even know about this series until I saw a commercial on another channel and immediately went over to PBS to set it to record.

Let me know if you watched it last night and what you thought. :)

8 comments:

Christy said...

He Sandra! Your photos are so inviting - even the one of the dishes in the sink! I don't know how you do it, but I love to come and visit your day!

webofbutterflies said...

i cant wait to learn to drive a car ..... cool that she is driving and i love the artificial rose picture....looked almost real to me for a sec :o
happy life,
xoxo.
http://webofbutterflies.blogspot.in/

Pamela said...

I missed Victorian Slum House on Tuesday - so glad we have the PBS Passport so I can catch up on it today. I think the hardest part of Sophia learning to drive was that I was in the passenger seat and the curb looked so close! I persevered and she managed just fine. She drives occasionally in Seattle traffic and I am so thankful when she texts to say she is home - freeway traffic can be terrifying (more so for me thinking of her driving in it!).

Sandra said...

Yes, sitting in the passenger seat I always feel like she's close to the curb, and she does sometimes go over the line a bit. It's a terrifying experience for sure hahaha

Monica said...

Hubby taught our daughters and I taught our son. Patience are a little better this way but yes, scared me to death! Now I am waiting for the Army to take on that responsibility of the insurance... I just can't afford him. :)
Tried Zumba but just couldn't get into it to feel like I was getting a good workout.

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

I hold my breath still! Lol! Thanks for sharing about that series on PBS. Enjoyed my visit.

Ksunshine52 said...

How did I miss the show on PBS? I will remedy that tonight! Thanks!

Ksunshine52 said...

Sandra, thanks for being "real" with us in your kitchen!