Wednesday, June 28, 2017

{ Crepe Myrtles in Bloom }

One of the things that I have always loved about this house, is the big yards, all the trees, flowers, and birds, you know, the fact that we're surrounded by nature.

When this time of the year comes around, the yards come alive with big splashes of pinks.

June 28, 2017

I had no clue what they were when I first saw them, I just knew that they were absolutely gorgeous, but that's where trusty google came in and I researched and found out they were Crepe Myrtles. 

June 28, 2017

There are also tons of flowers popping up all over.  I don't know, it just makes me so happy seeing all the green and different colors abound.  It's really pretty.

June 28, 2017

June 28, 2017

Tomorrow I'm going to snip down a few of the flowers to bring inside.  I always pop some in mason jars and put at least one in every room.  I count myself blessed to have such beauty around me and to be living where I want to, and kind of always dreamed of.  Ok minus the farm animals, and the actual farm, but pretty close :)

June 28, 2017

I'm still pretty shocked at how much I love Texas.  I remember hating it so much the first time I visited and swearing that I would never, ever, live in Texas.  Boy, God must have been laughing at me up there knowing what was coming my way.  Haha

June 28, 2017

I feel at home.  Truly at home!

I think from all the States I lived in, Texas has felt the most like where I belong, though I miss Arizona.  Again, I knowwwww.  You must be shocked because I couldn't wait to get out of there and was very unhappy at first. 

June 28, 2017

I've often felt that I've been put in certain situations because I need to learn a lesson, and I don't always realize that at first, so I fight it and I complain and stomp my foot and go on and on about poor me and how I hate where I am.

I don't feel like I give it a real chance because I'm so busy disliking it and finding fault with it.  I've since then learned to just go with the flow, not make any sort of decision about it until I've lived it, experienced it and gave it a real chance.

June 28, 2017

When Curt first got this job in Texas I started laughing and I remember vividly, sitting across from him and saying "You're kidding me right?  We hate Texas!". 

June 28, 2017

But I consciously decided NOT to make a big stink about it and to just accept it and go from there.  I got excited for the move, I looked forward to being in a new State and new city and trying new things.

I think that did the trick because the minute I drove into into Texas, I fell in love.  It was almost like I had been holding my breath for years and finally let it out.

I love everything about it now.  I love our house, and the acreage around it.  I love the weather, I love people and the fact that everyone says "Have a blessed day".  And police cars all have "In God We Trust" written on them.

It's really where I want to be and where I feel comfortable.  It's home.  If you were to ask me where home is in America for me, I'll proudly reply "Texas". 

3 comments:

Kara said...

We are in Texas too! We have a large crepe myrtle next to our house and there is pink and purple everywhere! I love it!

Kara said...

We are in Texas too! We have a large crepe myrtle next to our house and there is pink and purple everywhere! I love it!

Kamala said...

We just moved to Texas 2 months ago... some days I struggle to feel at home but honestly I do love it here, it's a breath of fresh air compared to the north east city we came from.