Sunday, August 20, 2017

Farmer's Market

Well, it is just after 8pm, and we have come to the end of another weekend.  Another blink and miss it, kinda weekend, if I do say so.

_MG_8638

This is where I am at the moment.  All snuggled in bed with my Marley and my newest book for review, The Daughters of Ireland, which I just set aside for a few minutes so I can get this post up.

I wanted to show you what I got at the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning.

The first day we went to the market, a couple month's back, there was only 3 or 4 tables, and I was quite disappointed because I was used to the one back in Mountain Home.

I think we had just gone at the wrong time and thinking back, I now realized that it was the first one of the year and hadn't yet kicked off.


Saturday morning was Salsa day at the Farmer's Market and hubby actually told me about it and suggested we go.

If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen my stories.  By the way, on weekends, I find it easier to post on Instagram, I do live videos and chat with you guys and show you what we're up to, so if that's something you think you would enjoy, be sure to follow me over there.

But back to the market, it was jam packed, so many different tables with amazing looking veggies and fruit, herbs, soaps and lotions, pure honey and tons of salsa.

Let me show you what I got.

Farmer's Market

Luscious big juicy plums, they smell amazing and are so tasty too.
Farmer's Market

Blueberries.  I go through these like crazy, I put them in my smoothies, in my yogurt, cereal, oatmeal etc.  And Marley loves them too.
Farmer's Market

Look at this gorgeous Okra.  I can't wait to make some Fried Okra.

Farmer's Market

Big, beautiful peppers. 
Farmer's Market

I also picked up green tomatoes to make Fried Green Tomatoes.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Farmer's Market

Curt chose this yummy Cantaloupe too.
Farmer's Market

And this was the Salsa jar we got.  It's really good actually, got a nice little kick to it.
Farmer's Market

I enjoyed the market, but I do miss fresh raw milk and eggs, something I didn't see there.  Not sure if it wasn't available just this Saturday or if it's always like this, but we've decided to go back again either next week or the following, to see what they have when it's not a themed day, like the Salsa day.

After the market, we walked down the street and found a really cute cafe.  We stopped in for some breakfast, I had a Cappucino and a Breakfast Panini which was SO YUMMY.  Curt had a Breakfast Burrito with Fresh Salsa which he really really enjoyed, and I had a bite too and had to agree, it was by far one of the best breakfast burritos I've ever had.

One thing the market has made me want, and I mean, really want....is to go ahead and get my chickens, and set up my veggie garden.  I would love to turn the 3 acres we have into a little homestead, we have the room, it's now just a matter of making good use of it.

I guess we'll get there one day. 

Right, it's my bedtime, and I'm going to snuggle right in, pop on the TV for a few minutes and no doubt be in dreamland within 10 minutes of staring at the screen. :)

3 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I may need to visit our farmstand neighbor soon. My green peppers are doing good, but are not producing the number I want to freeze them. I can my own salsa, and hope to get another batch made soon too. My hens are molting so the egg supply is down, but that's okay. I have to freeze more beets from the garden, and fetch more green beans. I am getting our contact with the people who took our dairy goats. I hope to get some milk for soap making soon.

threesidesofcrazy said...

What a GORGEOUS haul!

UplayOnline said...

I am getting our contact with the people who took our dairy goats.


การ์ตูนโป๊