Monday, August 21, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/21/2017

Good morning everyone, and a very Happy Monday :)

Another week, with a bit of a special happening today isn't it?  Everyone is ranting and raving and going insane over the Solar Eclipse.  I think I may be in the minority, where I'll be happy to see it if I can from my house, but really not going all bonkers over it, and certainly won't be devastated if I don't.

It is almost 8am and I've just been messing about on my computer, watching vlogs, but now it's time to get our Happy Homemaker Monday up.

Let's go.....


 happyhomemakermonday


The weather:::
Rain, hot, sun, triple digits, then some more rain here and there.  The weather has been completely confused lately, it doesn't know if it wants to be warm and sunny, or cool and rainy.  We have another week of mixed weather coming up.

Right now I am:::

I just finished my coffee, and I'm going to get this post up real quick, then go get dressed and start my day.   

On my reading pile:::
I'm currently reading The Daughters of Ireland and I'm enjoying it quite a lot.  I do have some other books lined up.  The thing I most enjoy about always having book reviews going, is that my reading pile is always filled with good books. 

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::

I've been catching up on Season 12 of Supernatural, so when I've had time this weekend, here and there, that is what's been playing on my laptop.

On my TV:::
General Hospital
American Ripper
Supernatural Season 12
(Nothing much has changed on this list this week.)


On the menu for this week:::
Didn't get to make some of the meals last week, so they've been moved back to this week.

Monday
Carne de Alguidar with Potatoes     
Tuesday
Hamburger Helper, Salad      
Wednesday
Honey Barbecue Meatloaf, Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes
Thursday
Beef Enchiladas, Cilantro and Lime Rice   
Friday 
Pasta Casserole, Garlic Bread   
Saturday
Sweet and Spicy Chicken, Basmati Rice 
Sunday
Lately, I haven't been cooking on Sunday's, it's the day we eat through out leftovers, or just have sandwiches or cereal, or whatever anyone wants.

On my to do list:::
Kitchen......Empty the dishwasher, wash breakfast dishes.  Clean counters, sweep and mop.
Laundry.....Nick's laundry, Jasmine's laundry
House......Vacuum and dust.  Pick up around the house.
Homeschooling......Make sure Nick gets his lessons done.  Print sign and send back the Family Income Form. 


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
The Mandala Madness is still on Part 14.  I'm so beyond frustrated with it at this point, I have now done, pulled out and redone Part 14, 4 times.  It is a very wordy pattern at this point, and so easy to miss a stitch here or there.  Usually if it's not that big a deal, I just leave it and move on, but it's frustrating me and I want it done right, so keep going back.  I'm hoping......really hoping......that this is the last time I redo this Part, or I may call it quits and leave it as is.  Wish me luck. 


Looking around the house:::
It's quiet, Nick is up and around but Jasmine is still fast asleep.  By the way, how much sleep do teens, young adults need?  For crying out loud, these two sleep through their lives hahaha


From the camera:::
Caught this one as it was raining last week.


What I'm wearing today:::
Olive green shorts and a Burgundy top.

One of my simple pleasures:::
Watching homesteading videos on Youtube.  I am fascinated by this way of life and want nothing more than to have my own homestead one day, it's just a matter of getting started and knowing how to get started, so these videos are very helpful. 

Inspirational Quote, Bible verse, anything you want to share:::






8 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm with you about the eclipse. It's going to happen and I'm certainly glad NOT to be in one of the 100% areas full of chaos. If we were still in Oregon we would have been and I'm hearing from friends that it's been PURE chaos all last week and weekend.

I hope your Mandela Madness works this round and eases your frustration.

LOL, teens do NEED quite a bit of sleep :D

Love your inspiration - Have a GREAT week.

Jean said...

Love your raindrop photo! And I certainly hear you on how much teens sleep. Sometimes it feels like we simply went from wondering if they'd ever sleep in on a Saturday morning to wondering if they'll ever wake up and start their day. We are in the path of totality here in KC(actually an hour north in St. Joseph, Mo is supposed the best viewing) & some schools canceled classes for the day. I admit to being a bit excited and nervous since I'm working with preschoolers. Currently though a huge thunderstorm is passing by...

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Your rain photo is marvelous! I'd like to spend a little time watching some homesteading videos, too. YouTube is a tremendous source of educational videos...if one is careful!


Please drop by and say hello!
ஐღLaura ღஐ
Harvest Lane Cottage
...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
on a short shoestring budget!
~~~~~

deb said...

Great photo!
I'm with you on the eclipse. I'll wait and see the photos tomorrow! LOL Shame, shame. Besides my eyes are bad enough and I don't have those special glasses to look through. Need to finish what I didn't over the weekend. Never enough time or energy :(
*hugs*
deb

Jodi said...

I so feel your frustration when the wordy patterns get to you! I am working on a pair of crochet sneaker/slippers... and had to put it away.. as I just can't right now! Hope you have a good week!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hello friend! We had a 91% eclipse here in NW Arkansas. Was so fun to watch it! It makes me think how awesome God is! Have a good rest of the week.

Row. said...

I was not into all the eclipse hoopla either. I love how you wrote about watching homestead videos on you tube...I do too. Only I know I could never do that. But I love watching them- do you have any fave channels? Hope you have a great week!

UplayOnline said...

I so feel your frustration when the wordy patterns get to you!


การ์ตูนโป๊