Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Blessed with Yarn

I mentioned in my previous post, which you can read here, that I had been gifted a whole lot of yarn, and not just any kind of yarn, I'm talking Mohair, Angora, Cotton, Cotton Linen, Wool etc, most of it from France.

I am truly blessed to have received such a beautiful gift and my mind is already reeling with thoughts of what I can make with it.  It might even come in hand for some beautiful Christmas presents.

Anyway, let me show you what I got and why I'm so excited, and I'll also link any patterns that I have in mind for these.  If you have any suggestions on the use of any or all of these, please leave them down below.

In the world of yarn, I've really just stuck to the cheapest which means Walmart Red Heart Super Saver and though I enjoy working with it, sometimes it's nice to have beautiful expensive yarn at your fingertips.

Yarn Haul

This beautiful wool is going to become either a scarf or a cowl.  I'm thinking something inspired by Outlander for sure because the colors remind me of some of the knitted cowls, shawls and wrist warmers that Claire wears.

Yarn Haul

Gorgeous Angora.  I have never worked with Angora before so I am not sure what to make with it, again if anyone has any ideas, or good projects, please let me know.

Yarn Haul

Yarn Haul

For these I'm thinking of making the Campside Shawl

Yarn Haul

Yarn Haul

How gorgeous is this mohair?  I only have this single skein so I don't know if I'll be able to make anything at all.

Yarn Haul

And for the yarn above, the cotton linen, I'm thinking of making this wrap.   I am definitely going to have to get my knitting skills polished, it's been many many years since I've knitted anything of substance, as I prefer to crochet instead.

Yarn Haul

Yarn Haul

Yarn Haul

I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing with this cotton. 

Yarn Haul

Truly the possibilities are endless.  It's the small things in life that bring me the most joy, I know many people would find none of this too exciting, but for me it's like receiving a huge Christmas present in September.

Can't wait to get started :)

9 comments:

Jess said...

What a wonderful gift for you! I can't wait to see what you create, especially your Outlander garb!

Simply Quaint said...

Oh my goodness what a wonderful gift.....I love the colors immensley.....the cone rayon I looked it is used for stitching on such as wicking etc...embroidery type I believe......a thought on the any blatt yarn a scarf, a lap throw for fall chilly nights, you could do fingerless gloves, how about a slouch hat....so many possibilities....have fun.....can not wait to see what your wonderful talent creates.......

Blessings
Rhonda

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness, I would be dancing all over the place with a huge smile on my face if I received this gift. I can hardly wait to see your creations.

FlowerLady

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Girl you've been blessed!
Happy stitching!
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do with it. :)

Jodi said...

What an awesome gift!! Can't wait to see what you do with it all!!!

Renee said...

The yarn is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you create with it all. Am so glad you were blessed as you've helped so many through your blog and sharing your life!

Sarah B. SMITH said...

What a gift for sure. I would be go gitty but overwhelmed on what too make. I just finally made something for the first time in a long time. My fingers get too tingly too quick. I used caron cakes brand for the first time. The 20% wool seemed to help.

Sarah B. SMITH said...

I should of reread my comment. I would be so gitty*