Saturday, November 18, 2017

{ Crazy busy day }



I used to look forward to weekends because I knew that I would be sitting around, doing nothing but either catching up on tv shows or spending time with family.

The past few weekends have been nothing like that for me, actually the more I think about it, the minute we moved to Texas, my life became a flurry of activity.  I won't say I completely dislike it, after all, I don't much care to sit around doing nothing.  Even when I've been on the go for hours and sit down for a bit, I get this immense guilt feeling, like I shouldn't be allowed to sit and I need to be up doing something else.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, or if this is a mom thing, but good gravy, for once it would be nice to sit and do literally nothing without feeling bad about it.

Last weekend I was busy and by the time I blinked, I was getting into bed and setting my alarm for Monday morning.  Nope, not the kind of weekends I enjoy LOL

Today was again, what has become a pretty typical Saturday for me.  Wake up early, enjoy my coffee, and then it's go go go.

 First thing this morning, grocery shopping.  I don't like going on Saturdays because of how busy it gets, and with Thanksgiving looming around the corner, it was pretty insane.

I did manage to get everything I needed, went over budget (typical for the holidays), and wasn't able to record a grocery haul.  I am starting to think that grocery hauls and weekly meals will be more on a *if I have time and can manage to film, so not on a set schedule* kinda thing.  I'm by no means getting rid of them, just not going to worry about it because I do them for fun :)

I came back home, hubby helped me get everything brought inside and then I put it all away.  By far the most boring and annoying part of the whole grocery shopping process, am I right?

Once that was done, we had to go back out.  My niece is turning 21 tomorrow, and I needed to get one more little thing to add to her birthday gifts.  Also stopped at Walmart and picked up milk and eggs, which are cheaper than the commissary, at the moment.

Back home again, and then it was full on house cleaning and washing laundry, then making dinner.  By the time I sat down at 5pm, I was so tired and so achy.  My feet were killing me from being on the go since early morning, my lower back was aching and my neck was still sore from a few days ago I really need to invest in a good neck pillow, because the two I have right now are not working.  One is too soft, one is too hard and I'm constantly in pain with these. 

I told the family to go ahead and eat without me as I wasn't too hungry just yet, and went for a nice long soak in a hot tub with Epsom Salts.  It worked miracles and I feel so much better.

It's now not even 8pm yet, and I am in bed getting ready to watch Ghost Adventures and then some more Poldark.  I feel like a very old lady, but you know sometimes we have to stop and listen to our bodies and if it's demanding bed and rest, that's what I'm going to do.

Tomorrow we have a lunch and then cake at my brother's house for my niece's birthday.  I'm going to take my camera because I would love to get some good pictures, and if I get any good ones, I'll be sure to share with you all.

Right, I'm going to turn this laptop off and get that much needed rest.  Have a beautiful blessed night, friends :)

2 comments:

Kara said...

Believe me, I understand. I don't think mothers ever stop, but this time of year has to be the most exhausting! I'm right there with you, in Dallas! I started at 6 this morning and laundry is going at the moment, it's 11 pm! Have a wonderful Sunday! :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are able to find time to incorporate some self care into your week. You will feel more revitalized. Hope you are feeling better today.