Monday, November 20, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/20/2017 }

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday :)

It is almost 9am and I am still in my pj's, on the couch, snuggling with Marley and trying to stay warm.  I am freezing, I'm tired (as always) and I'm dragging my feet, which is not a good thing, considering it IS Thanksgiving week.  I have a lot going on, have another full house for Thanksgiving, some family arriving Wednesday and yeah, just trying to get everything done and taken care of in the next 3 days.

But yeah, I'm going to go ahead and get this post up so that I can start my day. It's time to start ticking things off the list.



Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Coffee with Vanilla Creamer and toast, which I ended up giving to Marley because it got slightly burned (think one of the kids turned the knob a bit higher than usual), and I do NOT like dark toast.  I'm going to finish this post, and then I'll make myself some Cream of Wheat, which I'm actually craving.

Right now I am::::
Typing up this post, thinking that I do not want to get up off this couch or get dressed. 

The weather outside::::
Currently 30 degrees but the real feel is 27.  It's going to be in the 60s the rest of the week and then 75 on Thanksgiving Day.....like WHY? 

Looking around the house::::
It's not too bad, but Marley has all his toys laying around so I need to pick those up and start getting the house clean and organized for Thursday. 

On today's to do list::::
Laundry.....All laundry was done this weekend, so nothing to do, aside than putting it away which I loathe doing. 
Cleaning.....Empty dishwasher, refill again.  Clean kitchen.  Clean and tidy living rooms.  Wash all the glass panels in my doors and wash windows. 
Homeschooling.....We're on Thanksgiving Break but Nick has a bit of catching up to do, so I'm going to have him work on some things, while I'm busy. 
Cooking....Hubby is coming home for lunch, and I'm not sure what he wants to have, but I picked up a pouch of some Tikka Masala Chickpea Curry for myself, when I went grocery shopping, and I'm really craving that.  Dinner will be Breaded Pork Chops with Mash and some roasted corn. 

Currently reading::::
The Austen Escape and Soulful Simplicity.

On the TV today::::

Last night's Outlander
General Hospital.
Binge watched Alias Grace on Netflix and loved it
Been binge watching Poldark on Amazon.  I had seen Season 1 when it first came out, but none of the other seasons, just didn't have time.  So I started it again from Season 1 and am watching it all through. 

On the menu this week::::


Monday - Breaded Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Corn. 
Tuesday - Crockpot Smoked Sausage and Hashbrowns
Wednesday - Slow Cooked French Dip Sandwiches, Potato wedges
Thursday - Thanksgiving - Fried Turkey, Ham, Mashed potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Potato Casserole, Stuffing, Deviled Eggs, Salad, Roasted Vegetables, Gravy, Homemade Dinner Rolls, Pecan Pie Bars, Pecan Pies, Pumpkin Pie, Jello No Sugar Dessert (my father in law is diabetic), Truvia Apple Pie (again so my father in law can eat it), Cherry Salad and Tofu Turkey (my brother in law is Vegetarian) 
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - General Tso's Chicken, Rice
Sunday - Potato and Onion Soup, Sandwiches

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Continue watching Poldark and maybe crack on with some crochet.  I actually made a wool shawl/poncho kinda thing for a my niece for her birthday, and she loved it.  I need to get some more yarn and make a few more for Christmas gifts. 

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::

It will be my first time attempting to make a small Turkey out of Tofu for my brother in law.  We will see how that turns out hahaha


Looking forward to this week::::
Celebrating Thanksgiving with my family, really excited to sit around the table and enjoy delicious food, laughs and good company.

Favorite photo from the camera::::
Love my handsome boy, he has brought so much love into my heart and has helped me heal tremendously from losing my baby girl Lola. 
 


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses::::


8 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm not a burnt toast kind of girl either! I hope you find your groove for the week. Have a very Blessed Thanksgiving with family!

Pamela said...

We started Poldark from the beginning as well. Really enjoying it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Rebecca Knox said...

I don't like dark toast, either, Sandra, but I love cream of wheat! My mom used to make it for me for breakfast all the time when I was a kid and every now and then I get a real hankering for it! This week's menu looks great! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jodi said...

I too do not like dark toast... I get irritated when I forget to pop it up sooner... and usually trash it and get a new piece of bread to toast. Hope you have a great week!!

Jean said...

Wow, sounds like you're having quite the Thanksgiving spread on Thursday and of course, it all sounds great. Hope you take some time to relax between being busy this week. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with all your family!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wow - one busy Lady! Bummer about warm temps for Thursday - I'm with and like Thanksgiving colder for all that baking. ;)

You are the sweetest SIL making tofu turkey. HOpe it turns out well!! Blessings on this holiday week Sandra. Thankful for you and HHM! xoxo

Kara said...

I'm right there with you, I love having Thanksgiving and the joy of it. Even with all the work, I love hosting. Have a wonderful week!

Sandi said...

Soulful Simplicity? That sounds like a book I should read.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope your tofu turns out...edible. :)