Friday, November 17, 2017

{ When life just won't let up }

_MG_9682

I'm incredibly sorry for not being around much, life has gotten in the way, worries and fears and health, schooling and work and family and just all sorts of things going on.  It's been quite difficult to maneuver around life at the moment, and unfortunately some things have been left behind

I didn't get a chance to do the grocery haul two weeks ago, and I didn't get a chance to do my weekly meals video for last week either, OR this week, which I've found myself not able to record either due to time constraints.

As we approach Thanksgiving, it's getting even more busier around here and I'm struggling, I'm really struggling.

_MG_9684

I hate moaning and complaining because there are so many others out there who really are going through some difficult moments in their lives.  Beautiful friends and family battling cancer and other health issues, heart break and financial woes and so on.

I tell myself that I should just be content with what I have, be grateful and not whinge but it's human nature isn't it?

With everything going on, I'm forcing myself to slow down, or rather, my body is forcing me to slow down, and you know sometimes that's what we need because given the choice we won't do it for ourselves, and so we find that suddenly we are made to stop, breathe and restart.

I've turned to my Bible app again in an effort to reclaim my closeness to the Lord, and to find strength and encouragement.

It's helping, it's not instant gratification because I'm a definite work in process, but it helps.

_MG_9687

So in between the chaos, I've loved seeing the seasons change and finally getting some cooler weather here in North Texas.  We spent many years in Arizona where everything was a constant shade of desert brown, so to be able to look out my window and see this, is bliss.

_MG_9689

One thing I love about this time of year, is that we always get a lot of deer running through our property.  I've seen them daily, just walking around my yard, or prancing off into the field across the street.

_MG_9767

It really is a daily sight for us, one which I thoroughly enjoy.

_MG_9768

These guys don't like it too much and usually get in quite a tizz over it.

_MG_9696

Something else they don't very much enjoy, and I have to say it's not just them because Marley gets quite excited watching from inside.....are the flocks of Starling that swoop around in my yard.

_MG_9743

Funny enough I saw them do this the first year we moved to Texas but they weren't around last year, and this year they're back again.

_MG_9744

_MG_9735

The first time I saw them in my yard and trees, all I could think of was Hitchcock's The Birds Hahaha

It can be quite intimidating to see, hundreds of birds swooping up and down through your yard, and they sometimes fly straight towards the house and swoop up right before hitting the door.  It's insane.

But it's beautiful at the same time and I find it contrasts with my own life at the minute, after all, you can always find beauty even in the darkest moments, right?

_MG_9675

So yes, it's been crazy insane around here but I still give thanks to it all, so much so that my chalkboard has been bearing this message for the past week and a half.  Just a reminder to be thankful, because like I said above, it could be much worse.

Hope you're all doing well and getting ready for Thanksgiving.  There will be 12 of us this year, so I have a lot of preparations and cooking to do, but I love every minute of it and am really looking forward to celebrating with family.

I best get on out of here and get started with my day, I have a house to clean, a second cup of coffee to drink (it's one of those days), and a pretty busy weekend ahead (again). 

Blessings and much love to you all, and thank you again from the bottom of my heart, for always checking on me and continuing to follow me along even where are no updates for a while.  I'm so blessed to have readers like you :)

6 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

We are skipping Thanksgiving. Literally. I need a break from the strain of spending money, cooking, and everything else. I am under the weather, which puts panic in my entire family, considering what happened last year this time of year. I hope you feel better soon. Rest up.

Sandi said...

Resting is harder than working. It really is!

Jean said...

Hope you take some time to recharge and start to feel better soon. Those deer photos you shared are absolutely stunning! Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

Susanne said...

Life ebbs and flows and sometimes one just has to let some things go by the wayside. No shame in that! We get big groups of birds sometimes too and it's always a surprising site to see so many.

Anonymous said...

I hope life settles down for you. I have missed your daily life snippets.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I understand sweetie. Jack had three TIA's at church fellowship the 15th of October and spent a night in the hospital. He still is not over it and so it means more work for me but I am happy to do it. Just trying to keep my head above water! Love and huggles.