Monday, February 19, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/19/2018

Hello friends and welcome to another Happy Homemaker Monday :)

I hope you've been having a good weekend, especially since it's a long one.  I always enjoy these long weekends and having my husband home.

We've been relaxing the past two days, but today we actually have quite a few things we want to get done around the house, plus I would like to get some baking done as well.  We will see just how much we get done, you know how it is, lot of plans and to do's and sometimes even the best intentions don't come to fruition.

Anyway, hope you all have a beautiful week ahead, let's get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday!!!  


www.familycorner.blogspot.com




Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Already my breakfast.  A cup of coffee with vanilla creamer and mini toasts with butter.  You know the simplest of breakfasts bring me the most joy, they remind me of Portugal and my childhood.  We always had coffee and some sort of crusty bread either with ham and cheese, or some toast with butter.  My kids thought it crazy when they first saw me dip my buttered bread into the coffee mug, but then they tried it and now both do the same hahah 


On today's to do list::::
  1. Laundry - Last load of whites.  Nick's laundry
  2. Nick's bathroom - I've noticed a few areas with some mildew at the very top around the shower and walls, so going to spray it all down with bleach today.
  3. Baking -  Hoping to make some Portuguese Rolls
Currently reading::::
The Story of Us by Helen Warner, really enjoying this one.  I'll have a review up in a few days.

On the TV today::::
Jamestown Season 2
Coal House at War (you can watch on Youtube)
Medici - Masters of Florence

The weather outside is::::
Cloudy.  We're expecting rain every day this week, which I'm quite excited about as you all know how much I love a good rain storm. 


On the menu this week::::
I recorded some of our meals last week, just need to put it all together and upload, once that's done I'll come back and add it in here.  I'm also working on the new menu plan so only have meals until Friday.

Monday - Sausage Alfredo
Tuesday - Stir Fry
Wednesday - Peixe de Caldeirada (Fish Stew)
Thursday - Homemade Pizza
Friday -  Oklahoma Fried Burgers, Fries
Saturday -
Sunday -

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Not sure, but probably read or work on a little crochet.

What I'm sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating::::
I am on Part 10 of the Elements CAL.  I ran out of yarn and was only able to make one full square and half a square.  Have to wait until this coming weekend to get to Walmart for more yarn.  I'll tell you though, I'm really not looking forward to making 24 small squares, I get really bored easily so this is going to be hard for me to do.

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
One Pan Crunchwrap Supreme.  I'll make it this coming weekend and hopefully get it on the blog.  I know, I'm terrible at updating my food blog, I apologize, need to do better in that area.


Favorite photo from the camera::::
My Marley :)



Bible Verse, Devotional::::


9 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

LOVE that Marley picture! I hope you have a productive day and accomplish most of your list.

Shellie Almond said...

your bread sounds amazing! Hope you have a productive blessed week!

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

Olá Sandra!
Também é o meu pequeno-almoço quase todos os dias: torradas e café.
Beijinhos de Portugal!
:)

Luludou said...

Have a good week! can't wait to see your meal prep videos

Sandi said...

Sandra, do you ever share your fish stew recipe? :-)

Sandra said...

I haven't yet, but I am going to take pictures when I make it this time and share it, both here and on the food blog :) Keep an eye out for that :)

Rebecca Knox said...

Enjoyed reading your blog post today. Have a blessed week ahead! <3

Joanna Unbehaun said...

buttered bread and coffee do sound kind of good, actually. Hmmm. I hope you have an amazing week, friend!

Jean said...

What a great photo of Marley! We're supposed to get some rain today and later this week (I think) as well. Glad because we really need it around here. Hope you get all your things done and have a wonderful week!