Pages

Monday, August 10, 2026

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/10/2026 }


Good morning, happy Monday!
 
It is my birthday today, I turn 52 years old.  How?  I feel like I just turned 18 the other day, and even though I have lived more than half a century, time has flown so fast that I guess my mind is still stuck on the younger years, while my body for sure reminds me that is not the case.  LOL
 
I have had a wonderful weekend with family, was spoiled with some of the best birthday gifts I've ever received and I still have some to open today from my brother in law.  We had family over for cake and coffee, my husband picked up some of my favorite Greek Gyros for dinner on Saturday, we went to the gym both days, went to church yesterday and just had such a blessed weekend.
 
Today, while it is officially my birthday, I am alone and I honestly don't have an issue with that.  I will spend my day doing the things that I want to do, taking pictures of my gifts to show you in tomorrow's post, reading, napping, watching some great TV and just relaxing.
 
I plan on making a delicious pork roast for dinner with roast potatoes and veg. and I have a Tiramisu for dessert.  I also gave myself a gift this year, the gift of the monthly cycle starting right on my birthday, so there's that Hahahah
 
Anyway, let's see what is happening in our homes.  Have a wonderful blessed week my friends, and have drink for me today. 
 
God Bless,
Sandra
 
 
*** The Weather *** 
We're still boiling over here and are under a heat warning for today.  Our yards are dead, instead of lush green we have dried yellow grass, it makes me so sad.  I'm just over it at this point.  Might as well be back in Arizona with these temps. 




 
*** Right now I am *** 
I'm actually sitting on my bed using my laptop for this post.  Usually I sit at my desk but I'm so crampy that I just want to sit on my bed.  No worries, I will get up soon.    
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
With my stepmom arriving the second of September, I have a lot to get done before then, so I'm thinking about everything that needs to be done, I really should write it down on paper.
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
It's that time, so you know how it is.  Also feeling very blessed that I am here and turning 52 years old.  Life is not promised to us, so every year that we stay here on this planet, is a blessing.  Getting old is a blessing, even if at times I look at myself in the mirror and think "Oh girl, you really are starting to look your age".
 
But overall, blessed and content.  
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I just had my second cup of coffee, two scrambled eggs with a tablespoon of cottage cheese for extra protein, and a piece of sourdough toast. 


*** On the lunch plate ***
Probably a bowl of greek yogurt with granola and fruit. 
 
 
*** On the dinner plate *** 
Pork Tenderloin Roast, Roast potatoes and roast veg.   
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
Need to start working on the new meal plan today.  You know the drill when it comes to the end of the two week meal plan, I only have meals until Wednesday.
 
Monday -   Pork Tenderloin Roast, Roast potatoes and roast veg 
 
Tuesday -  Tacos al Pastor, Mexican Rice, Beans 
 
Wednesday -   
 
Thursday
 
Friday
 
Saturday
 
Sunday -    
 
 
 
*** What I am wearing *** 
In my nightgown and will change into a comfy summer dress soon. 
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Still reading in 1 Samuel in the Bible.  I actually placed an order with Daily Grace yesterday, they are having a huge sale, so I picked up Stand Firm, Armor of God Bible Study, Abide Bible Study and When Fear meets Faith Bible Study (this one was free).

I just started Summerhaven by Tiffany Odekirk.  I am just 5 pages in and already so invested and loving it.  I think I'll be sitting with it today for an hour or so.  
 


 
*** On my TV this week *** 
YouTube:
Homemaking 
Christian book vloggers 
Quiet and simple living 
Homemaking  
 
Today, I am hoping to watch Feast of July on YouTube.
 
 
Turkish series:
Doganin Kanunu
 
Netflix:
I watch random crime documentaries when I'm on the treadmill.  This weekend I watched some episodes of The First 48 Hours.
 
Apple TV:
For all Mankind
 
Paramount Plus:
Star Trek Strange New Worlds 
 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
I don't need to do much today, other than the daily chores.  I'm thankful for that because I do want to spend my birthday doing a bit of self care.  
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Today:
Water inside plants
Read
Take photos of my gifts to share with you all tomorrow
Water inside plants 
Water plants and veggies outside on the patio
Daily bible reading 
 
This week: 
Daily 15k steps
Homemaking chores
Pay bills
Meal plan and grocery shop
 
 
*** What I am creating ***
Nothing at the moment though I've been feeling the itch to grab my blanket again.  I've given it some time to rest and just want to get back into it and finish this part that has been frustrating me so much.  
 

*** From the camera *** 
My youngest brother is in Portugal right now.  He has been sending me photos and videos every day, places we once visited, one of the homes we lived in in 1988 and just everything and anything in between.  I am living vicariously through him because it's been 30 years plus since I've been to Portugal.  I am wanting to go next year with my stepmom and husband, but for the moment I live through the photos. ♥   
 



 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
Our church message yesterday was about Grace, and we read in Titus 3.  It was quite interesting and the verse that stood out to me, and the one that the main focus was on, was Titus 3:5.
 
"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit" 
 
 

 


1 comment:

  1. Portugal I'd love to visit one day. Have friends and family that went this year and everyone loved it. Have a good week... stay hydrated

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. Please be respectful of each other and my blog. Rude comments will be deleted.

Thank you for stopping by, hope you are having a blessed day!

♥Sandra♥